At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
About our Web team
The Web Team is full of talented engineers who write good code and care about building great products. Our primary responsibility is Airship’s customer dashboard, which consists of a TypeScript/React frontend, Python/Django middle-end, and a Postgres database.
We collaborate very closely with our Product Management and Program Management teams as well as our other engineering teams. Collectively, we are dedicated to making the dashboard a delightful experience for our customers, and our engineers have frequent, vital opportunities to shape the path towards achieving this goal.
We want to hire a great human who is also a great engineer. We hope to find someone who can seamlessly integrate into our team, leveraging their experience, drive, and ability to collaborate effectively with others to help our team thrive.
Location: This role is a remote role, and candidates must reside near Paris, France, or surrounding areas within the United Kingdom.
About the role
You'll be joining our Paris web team and will be responsible for:
- Working on our customer's dashboard (React and Typescript), which powers experiences on millions of mobile devices all over the world
- Contributing to our Frontend APIs developed in Python
- Providing technical expertise to the team, teaching, supporting, doing code reviews, and providing guidance
Web Engineers at Airship are responsible for maintaining, improving, and extending the dashboard that our customers use every day. They weave React, TypeScript, Python, and CSS together to create new ways for companies to inform and engage with their customers. You will be working with an international team on complex and challenging projects.
In an average week, you will:
- Collaborate with teammates in other functional roles, including Product Managers, Platform Engineers, and Program Managers
- Read, understand, and write code (primarily React/TypeScript and Python)
- Provide technical design input for and development of new features that will continue to push our messaging platform forward
- Work with QA and other Engineers to troubleshoot issues that are escalated through Support
- Test changes, both manually and by writing and updating unit and automated tests
- Attend meetings with the team, including sprint planning, backlog refinement, and retrospectives
- Work with a strong, cross-team group of Web Engineers to build a consistent and maintainable platform
- Deploy multiple changes to production using feature flags to control end-user visibility
- You have 5+ years of experience in an engineering role Proven experience on React/Typescript and Python (Django is a plus)
- Established history of providing technical expertise for projects and/or teams
- Must have strong communication skills (both verbally and in writing) in French and English
- Experience using React/Typescript to build rich user interfaces
- Your impact is maximized by the work you do through others through your mentorship, teaching, support, code review, and technical guidance.
- You value continuous improvement, both for yourself and your team. Most importantly, you see a job like this as an opportunity to learn on a daily basis and help others do the same.
- Testing enthusiasm (unit & automated tests)
- Experience working with Webpack and Docker
Airship has a fantastic career pathing, including support to grow your career with regular 1:1s, Hack Week, multiple review cycles per year, a professional development fund, and a formal mentorship program.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Airship’s Talent Commitment
At Airship, we are committed to Attracting, Retaining, and Growing Top Talent. To do so, we strive to make our innovative digital-first organization a great place to work and provide employees with compensation that is aligned to our Company mission and values.
Our culture is one of high performance, Accountability, and Team Collaboration, and our Compensation structure is designed to reflect that.
Benefits at Airship
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program.
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.