At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
When you see someone struggling with their computer, do you just have to help them? You learned a new operating system just because you were curious? You compared Google Worksheets to Microsoft Excel because you wanted to know the difference for yourself? You like explaining technical concepts to people who don’t have the tech vocabulary? When you see a task that needs doing, you do it? You work with computers, but you know that you are actually helping people?
About This Role
Airship Information Technology team supports choice in our computing environment. We look for innovative solutions to problems, from enterprise-class solutions to open-source solutions and everything in between. We know that if we provide the best solutions for our end users, we are contributing to the success of the company.
You will work with computer hardware, software, A/V systems, Telephony, Video Conferencing, and network systems. All of those things have one purpose: Supporting the people that make up Airship. We need you to be endlessly curious and think from your customers' perspective. What would make their work easier? Does this software have a user interface that makes sense?
You will work to develop, test, install, configure, troubleshoot, and provide ongoing support for technical solutions. As part of this process, you develop the documentation, diagrams, and other instructions to help our internal customers use the solutions we provide. This is not your typical IT role and Airship is not your typical workplace.
You will be supporting 3 sites based in our Portland office, and our environment is primarily Mac, with small percentages of Linux and Windows. Our primary productivity suite is Google’s G-Suite. We use a lot of SaaS tools as a company, and IT does a lot of integration with these tools.
- Ongoing application and desktop support
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application
- software and system management tools
- Respond to customer requests via our helpdesk system, walkups,
- emails, Slack, etc.
- Complete all customer support requests in the ticket system, JIRA
- Account provisioning and password management
- Participate in projects and provide assistance as directed
- Assist as needed with network support and troubleshooting, including
- After-hours emergency response
- Create and deliver end-user training
- Create and manage documentation
- 3+ years of related experience and a degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
- Intermediate knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows 10 or higher, and Linux experience a plus
- General to intermediate-level knowledge of corporate infrastructure / network concepts and technologies
- Background in supporting many of the following: VOIP-based phone systems, Jamf Suite (100 level), Zoom conferencing, Google Auth, and basic network troubleshooting
- Background in application SaaS support such as: Atlassian, G-Suite, MS Office Suite, DocuSign, and
- Saas subscriptions such as LucidChart, the ability to learn and support a wide variety of user interfaces, etc.
- Provide effective communication tailored to the needs of the audience
- Enthusiastic to provide an excellent customer service experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Can-do attitude
Nice To Have
- Experience with cloud-based virtualized servers to support
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Jamf 200 or Jamf 300 Certifications
Airship’s Talent Commitment
At Airship, we are committed to Attracting, Retaining, and Growing Top Talent. To do so, we strive to make our innovative digital-first organization a great place to work and provide employees with compensation that is aligned to our Company mission and values.
Our culture is one of High-performance, Accountability, and Team Collaboration, and our Compensation structure is designed to reflect that.
Compensation at Airship
Airship’s compensation is determined by a variety of factors, including market data, experience ladders, and geographical location. The starting salary range for this position is: $74,000 - $83,600 per year. Some roles may also be eligible for commission, bonus, competitive equity packages, and other performance incentives. In addition, we also provide an extensive suite of Benefits offerings as part of our Total Rewards approach to compensation.
CCPA disclosure notice here.
Benefits at Airship
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program.
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.