We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
Do you love to work at the intersection of culture and technology? Do you believe that it should be easy for customers to get inspired by captivating and powerful ideas? Have you always loved to look at data and numbers to help others understand the business world around them? Do you want to work in a European company that expands its footprint in the US market? Then this job is for you.
As Senior Business Intelligence Analyst you’ll accelerate our growth in the US market and beyond. Located in the UK, Germany or Spain, you’ll shape the future of our analytics landscape, introduce new approaches and enable our marketing leadership to make the right decisions for our marketing spend.
Check out the interview process for this position here.
What You Will Do
- You will closely collaborate with our marketing team to understand their most important business questions and use data to consult on the best course of action
- You’re an innovator aiming to generate impact in the field of analytics / data. by applying state of the art data solutions to marketing challenges
- Your aptitude to understand and navigate marketing funnels and platforms will enable better decision making and increase the effectiveness of our spend
- Your ability to understand customer behaviour with our content offering allows you to make great engagement and/or content suggestions to business stakeholders
- As part of the Data Team, you’re an advocate for a test & learn culture and encourage our stakeholders to make meaningful bets that help us to succeed in the long run
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years or relevant experience in the fields of Analytics or Data Science
- Your strong abilities to handle big data with SQL and Python / R allow you to translate data into actionable insights quickly
- You’ve got an excellent business understanding. It’s easy for you to identify and highlight opportunities for improvement across various business functions.
- A track record of delivering impact through actionable data insights and/or products
- A strong understanding of either performance marketing or content engagement allows you to be an eye level sparring partner to our business stakeholders
- You love to learn and develop yourself. You bring a passion to learn which allows you to flourish in a startup environment aiming to leverage state-of-the art tools and processes to fulfil our vision
- You’re an absolute team player who likes to collaborate with your peers in the BI & Data Science team as well as business stakeholders
- You’re open to occasional business trips to our Berlin office for team building & strategy meet-ups (roughly once per quarter for a week)
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don'y meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.