We offer the best selection of non-fiction knowledge in bite-sized, digestible formats. Our catalogue gives access to key insights from 5,000+ nonfiction books, original podcasts and author-driven content across 27 categories.
Blinkist exists to spark understanding.✨ We're helping people enrich their minds with powerful ideas, and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
About The Role
We are looking for a highly creative and forward-thinking Senior Product Manager, who is passionate about crafting consumer-facing experiences that engage, inspire, and convert.
Our Content Experience product team is responsible for delivering top-notch reading and listening experiences for millions of users, anytime and anywhere.
Alongside our Content team, you will leverage your deep understanding of consumer expectations to guide the development of new and existing content formats, such as Blinks, Guides, and Shortcasts, and ensure that users can seamlessly access our content on the devices and platforms they use daily, including mobile or in the car.
Check out the interview process for this position. 👀
What You Will Do
- Discover & Innovate - Demonstrate excellent product discovery skills to understand our customers and find innovative ways to solve their needs.
- Take ownership - Fully own, prioritise and shape the backlog, roadmap, strategy and vision of the content experience product area based on data, customer insights & feedback, technical requirements, risk and other factors.
- Measure - Define business and product metrics for your area, understand how they impact our business performance long-term and monitor success over time. Collect and analyse the data needed to test your assumptions and champion a data-driven approach to product development
- Connect - work closely with cross-functional teams spanning many departments (e.g. content, other product teams, marketing) and become a trusted sparring partner to the members of those teams
- Collaborate - Work on a shared mission and lead the cross-functional Product Trio of PM, Product Designer, Engineering to achieve it
- Represent - Be the advocator of your product area and your customers to ensure that the right priorities are being worked on across the business and customer interests are appropriately represented
- Stay lean - prioritise ruthlessly, move quickly, test assumptions and focus on “better” not “more”
- Be an entrepreneur - do whatever is necessary to build the right product for our customers, knowing when to focus on the details and when to zoom out to the big picture, when to get things done and when to take risks
- Understand - Show a constant curiosity and drive to learn more about our customers' desires, needs, and problems and to uncover, understand and analyse what makes them come back for more. Stay on top of relevant technology and user trends to make sure Blinkist is always thinking ahead of the competition
What You Need To Have
- 5+ years of experience in consumer-facing product, with a solid understanding of mobile technology and design
- You believe in thinking big as much as you believe in shipping often
- You engage with Research & Insights, Customer support or Product Analytics to derive value from existing studies and articulate needs for new studies
- You make smart decisions, you know when process and structure make things easier and when they get in the way
- You know how to see the big picture, but never forget about the details
- You’re passionate about product and stay on top of what’s happening in the product world
- You may not be a developer, but you understand how technology is built and all the challenges therein
- Experience in one or more of the following is a plus:
- UX Design
- Consumer-facing EdTech
- Content Consumption & Management
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.