Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the team
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our Professional Services team to advance and execute our excellent project delivery for our customers. This will involve oversight of small and medium projects, and more importantly, driving of complex, larger scale projects involving multiple teams and stakeholders. This opportunity is perfect for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic customer-facing service environment involving sophisticated chemistry software in the cloud. The role is pivotal in driving high-value outcomes for clients while simultaneously maximizing revenue generation at the portfolio level.
About your responsibilities
- Performing project management duties for various professional service engagements from installation to large-scale custom development that result in internal and customer satisfaction across time, budget and quality.
- Drive client communication and meetings, resolving or escalating client/project blockers, communicating expectations and progress to customers.
- Ensure that project procedures are followed (charters and scope are established, resources are scheduled, budgets created and tracked).
- Helping improve operational efficiency on good project management practices.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Drive project teams end to end and contribute to operational improvement.
- Collaborate closely with fellow project managers to strategize and oversee portfolio management, ensuring optimal allocation of technical resources across projects.
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
- Proficiency in project management duties (i.e. project charters, estimation facilitation, resource scheduling, risk management, deliverable tracking, budgeting tracking, change management, progress reporting).
- 3+ years experience with small, fast-moving consulting oriented project management which requires a dynamic approach.
- Excellent understanding of software development, technology, and cloud platforms to be able to collaborate with teams.
- Proficiency in using tools like JIRA, Confluence, and PowerBI, along with strong analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile projects.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills across various media.
- Curiosity and desire to learn new skills.
- Motivation and passion for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- A background in biotechnology or a related field is desirable.
- Willingness to travel to clients in the US or Europe up to 4 times a year depending on projects.
- Fluency in English.
Bonus skills that will help you hit the ground running
- Familiarity with cheminformatics software is an advantage
What we offer
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Location: Budapest, Váci Greens Office Park
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: