Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
- We are looking for a skilled Java developer to work on scientific projects
- You will be able to design a system using your knowledge in object oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, applying SOLID principles and design patterns
- Good, clean, maintainable code is important for us
- You will be involved in ideation, concept creation, where you will present your ideas using your communication & English skills as well
- As a team member, you will become responsible for the team’s product, which means involvement in technical support for our clients
- You will be responsible for delivering SaaS solutions on AWS infrastructure, therefore we value experience and knowledge in technologies like AWS, Terraform, Docker and Jenkins or GitLab CI
- This job includes on-call duty. It’s split among all the developers in your team on a planned weekly basis which is foreseeable for a month. During the past 1 year we experienced that the number of the alerts is very low
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong Java knowledge
- Good general programming background (like OO design, design patterns, etc.)
- Skill in writing unit, integration, end-to-end tests for implemented features
- Strong knowledge of Docker, AWS, Terraform, CI/CD
- Good command of English
- Good work ethic, productive, proactive behaviour
- Ability to work in a team and also to solve problems alone
- Willingness to work with a variety of technologies
- Willingness to learn continuously
- Experience with Spring and Spring Cloud
- Experience with NoSQL
- Experience in DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Security principles
- Experience in building front-end applications
- Remote or hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: