Hi, nice to meet you!
We're Creative Fabrica. A fast scaling start-up from Amsterdam.
Our mission is to change the way people consume digital assets. We believe that the way current marketplaces sell designs is ok, but not great. We will change that.
Creative Fabrica is a combination of love for art and a passion for handmade crafts and fonts. We believe that each font and craft is a little piece of art. Likewise, we believe that art should be made available to everyone.
About the platform
Creative Fabrica was launched in the summer of 2016 with the mission to change how digital designs are purchased and used. Since our launch we have been through tremendous growth.
We have scaled to 20 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 1.5 million listed products from 5000+ active designers.
Our focus is to have designers on board that offer exceptional high-quality content and make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
How will you help us?
The VP of Data & ML is the driving force behind the company’s data strategy and execution. You will design data solutions to drive growth, and establish a data-driven culture at Creative Fabrica.
This person will build and lead our data organization, taking the existing data infrastructure to the next level. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you are a strategic partner to the CEO, Director of Product, VP of Supply, COO, and CFO.
You will be responsible for defining your department’s roadmap, and planning and executing key initiatives for data science, machine learning, and product insights. You will define the requirements of our data platform to ensure that it enables data scientists to easily explore and analyze key data sets and to build high-performing data products.
About the Organization
You will be building out 3 high performance cross-functional teams.
Data Science & Engineering
The Data Science & Engineering team will be responsible for implementing data systems which collect, store and analyze data. We need to scale tools, data lakes and pipelines to enable data-driven product development and decision making at Creative Fabrica as we enter the next phase of exponential growth.
The Data Science & Engineering team will use the data to find insights, identify opportunities for product improvements and new product development, define product metrics, help design experiments and support customer experience, engagement, and adoption of Creative Fabrica products.
Customer Recommendation Team
The Customer Recommendation team will be responsible for designing, building and scaling the recommendation engine. 10,000+ products across 160+ categories are added to our platform daily. We want to have everything a user can possibly need and match the right content to the right users. This high performance team will be performance driven, offering practical solutions.
This experimental AI team will be responsible for moonshot projects in content creation, curation & production.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Hire and lead a diverse, high caliber, output-oriented organisation of data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists
- Manage the vision and roadmap for your organisation
- End responsible for both the long-term technical data strategy and the day-to-day operations, including fostering innovation and implementing best practices
- Deliver key data / ML products and capabilities to support high speed company growth
- Use enhanced machine learning models and marketplace dynamics technologies to drive company growth strategy
- Ensure data consistency within a common framework and taxonomy to support high quality data-driven insights across the business.
- Design data governance and security protocols
- Ensure that data architecture is scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, build and improve data science models.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements, new product features, product utilization and improve customer experience, engagement, and retention
- Lead the creation of data-driven approaches that will generate business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner
- Be the subject matter expert on product instrumentation and product data strategy
- Foster a data-driven culture of innovation, iteration, and ownership throughout all of Creative Fabrica
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other relevant field
- 8+ years of experience leading and building out a Data Science and/or Machine Learning team
- Proven track record of building data & analytics capabilities to enable actionable customer and product insights
- Hands-on leadership style and the ability to lead and coach a high-performance team.
- Experience working as a data scientist with a strong grasp of business and data science fundamentals
- Working experience in both Machine Learning and Data Engineering.
- Proven track record of building powerful, easy to use and adopt data systems and tools that are able to support high-volume and reliable interactive modeling, analysis, and experimentation.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and a track record of working cross functionally.
- Track record of applying a strategic approach, business acumen and analytical skills to inform decision making at an executive level.
Nice to have:
- Experience establishing a data driven culture cross functionally in previous roles
- Passionate about building products that enable a culture of experimentation and data-driven product development
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we turn on the speakers, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Let's get in touch. We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.