Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.
Reporting directly to the Regional Technical Manager, the Cyber Technologist (Government) will work alongside a dedicated Account Executive to provide pre- and post-sales engineering support in pursuit of Darktrace’s business opportunities within the public sector.
You will develop both strategic and technical account plans and walk government sector prospects through Darktrace proof of values (POVs). You will identify new opportunities for cross/upsells by creating and developing strong technical relationships with existing customers and channel partners, and collaborate on technology reviews, product findings, and integration with other technologies they may have. You will also be supporting responses to RFIs/RFPs while designing deployment plans and architectures for customers.
- 3+ years of experience in a software sales engineer or technical account manager role; experience in cybersecurity strongly preferred
- Experience within the public/government sector is required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; extensive presentation experience
- Proven ability to build lasting, critical business relationships, translating customers’ business needs into technical solution requirements
- Strong knowledge in both on-premises and cloud networking
- Demonstrated success in selling to and supporting public sector organisations
- Experience in consultative selling and POV success criteria definition
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a STEM discipline with a GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
- Security Check (SC) or DV clearance preferred