What if... your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that - disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
Your role: Designing the future of global trade
We’re on a mission to simplify global trade. To achieve this goal, Forto’s design team creates excellent end-to-end experiences, covering the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. Together we push the boundaries of design quality in B2B to make our product experience feel simple, trustworthy and human.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and accomplished Lead Product Designer to work on products that serve clients, partners and operation teams around the world. The right candidate is comfortable in navigating complexity and willing to do things differently.
- Work with design leadership to create vision and strategy for our growing design team.
- Define vision and design principles for your product area.
- Deliver high-quality, user-centric, measurably impactful end-to-end design work.
- Advocate for a strong user-focused point of view in your product area.
- Formulate hypotheses together with Product Managers and run experiments.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define feature requirements based on empirical data, usability findings, market research and proven user-centered design principles.
- Define measures of success, using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Closely collaborate with our UX Research team to gather customer insights, identify opportunities and validate solutions.
- Communicate/pitch design decisions to design and product leadership.
- Actively contribute to continuously improving Forto’s Design System.
- Mentor other designers in your product area and help them grow by serving as an example.
- Help to grow our design team and improve our ways of working.
What you bring
The ideal candidate for this role can help lay the groundwork to set complex problem spaces up for success and provide exceptional hands-on execution.
- 8+ years experience with end-to-end product design (Product/Growth, B2B experience preferable)
- Ability to think through complex interactions
- Problem-oriented mindset, focusing on outcomes instead of output
- Sharp understanding of how design decisions impact business objectives and KPIs
- Experience in planning, running and sharing insights from UX Research activities
- Experience in validating design solutions using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ability to articulate design decisions, with an iterative mindset and openness to learn and adapt
- Experience in working with Figma
- Experience with workshop facilitation
- Strong communicator (verbal and written) and user advocate
- Proactive and comfortable working autonomously
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Please provide a link to your portfolio (alternatively 2 selected case studies) with your application.
Forto is an internationally growing company
At Forto we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities. Forto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Learn more about us
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Team: At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill. We leave old paths and look for new roads. We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.