Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We have a multicultural Engineering team of 120 plus people working in 5 countries who build, grow and maintain our applications and platform. Our engineering landscape provides the technology to extend our capabilities and features across a couple of customer-facing applications: Optimalprint and Gelato API plus the digital connectivity platform. The employed technologies range from backends using PHP and GoLang to mobile apps built natively or with hybrid technology, running on cloud services and with a modern CI/CD pipeline.
About The Position
What you will be doing
The world is changing more rapidly than ever before. We recognize this at Gelato and put the speed of execution at the heart of how we operate and how we challenge each other.
Product Managers at Gelato drive our business forward with energy and pace. We solve problems rapidly, wielding data and intuition in equal measure, and finding innovative approaches to many of the complex challenges we encounter as we continue to scale our business.
In this role you will work closely with our production partners and operations team to build products and tools to enable world class operational efficiency. It requires the ability to dive deep into production processes to understand how to solve hard problems through technology. Your product spans from desktop web and application to native mobile.
Key responsibilities include:
- You own the product vision, strategy and roadmap and define them together with your leader and key stakeholders. Your success is the success of the product. You’re accountable for devising and executing a winning plan.
- You ensure the product is world-class.
- You know the market, our customers, users, the product, and the competition. You are always on top of your product’s performance and its health metrics.
- You identify market opportunities and are constantly product testing in real-world conditions.
- You drive rapid, bold and ambitious product innovation with a technology and AI first approach that addresses real user needs. You are resourceful and seek access to existing knowledge and experience to move faster.
- You build a valuable product by contributing to the product team with a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our customers engage with our products.
- You build a viable product by contributing to your product team with a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business.
- You lead the team to discover effective solutions, and then work to deliver those solutions to market in close collaboration with the product designer and engineers.
- You drive alignment within your team, stakeholders, cross-functionally and with your leader. They all know what your team is doing, and what impact your team is having.
- You use data to support your decisions, and are able to share data-backed decisions on why certain features or priorities were chosen. You can connect your product roadmap to outcomes in order to build consensus and alignment.
- You focus the team on the key priorities and make them happen faster and better.
Who you are
In order to be successful and enjoy being a Product Manager at Gelato, you will need first and foremost to have an entrepreneurial mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance, as you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have a passion for building great products and technology, superior communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail.
You’re a doer, who will adapt and change tactics until you find the winning approach. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty in the problems of today, yet never losing sight of the long-term direction. You have stamina, resilience, and grit.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- A graduate degree with a strong academic performance from a top tier university.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- 5 years relevant work experience working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product owner, delivery manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to adopt new technologies and thrive in the new world of AI capabilities.
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.
At Gelato, we pride ourselves on our global presence with 16 offices worldwide, fostering a dynamic and diverse work environment. Rooted in a culture that values collaboration, creativity, and camaraderie, we actively cultivate a company culture that thrives on shared experiences. We encourage team members to embrace this culture by working from our inspiring office spaces at least three days a week, allowing for meaningful connections and collective growth.
Lastly, we ask that you please upload your CV in English, regardless of which country you are applying from.