Gelato has built the world's largest and most global platform for on-demand production and fulfillment of customized products. Today, those products are part of huge markets, such as apparel, wall-art, drinkware, digitally printed books, greeting cards. In the future, the market opportunities are endless thanks to new technologies such as 3D printing. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs to sell their creativity globally, with a more local and sustainable production. With local production and exact matching of supply and demand, there is no waste, and carbon emissions are reduced.
We own no assets - we build the software that connects world-class production facilities all across the world. We have more than 100 production partners in 32 countries. In 72 hours we can reach more than 5 billion people with customized products in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We own no physical production assets, nor servers, instead our asset is a cloud based connectivity platform that enables world-class on-demand production for e-commerce platforms and applications. This engineered platform needs to provide our customers access to more than 130 production partners in 32 countries and includes production plate design, routing to an appropriate partner, finally linking to logistics’ systems for delivery to the consumer. All this in 72 hours and reaching more than 5 billion people and potential consumers in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
The employed technologies range from backends using PHP and GoLang to mobile apps built natively or with hybrid technology such as Flutter or ReactNative, running on cloud services and with a modern CI/CD pipeline. Designing highly-available, fault-tolerant, cost-effective, scalable systems is our passion. We are using TDD, BDD, DDD principles and patterns, and agile methodology. Designing public API for millions of people, integrating with world-class third-party systems, and solving complex engineering problems (Graph, CAP, etc) are only a small glimpse into the tasks.
What you will be doing
- Use the latest technologies to improve and streamline user interfaces across our products.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects as a valuable member of a cross-functional team
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Working closely with our UI/UX designers and product managers to realise the vision
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation, quality, reliability.
Who you are
- A minimum of B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or 5+ years in a similar position.
- Ability to adapt, change and grow quickly as we scale the organization
- Passionate about engineering practices like agile, continuous delivery, test-driven development, traceability and observability
- Strong experience with React and/or Angular and willingness and interest in learning not only more about both Angular and React, but also other promising frameworks such as Svelte.
- Good understanding of building shared UI components and test-driven development. plus a sharp eye for design and UX details.
- You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- Strong communication skills, high integrity and great attention to detail
You’ll get to work with:
- React / Angular / WebComponents / Svelte / TypeScript
- ELK / Prometheus & Grafana / Sentry
- Microservices architecture
- Cypress / Jest / Cucumber.js
- CircleCI / ArgoCD
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We are a customer-obsessed team with the ambition to change the world by connecting technology to the printing industry and making it much more sustainable. Everyone who joins our team must feel genuinely intrigued and motivated by our mission. We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.
At Gelato, we pride ourselves on our global presence with 16 offices worldwide, fostering a dynamic and diverse work environment. Rooted in a culture that values collaboration, creativity, and camaraderie, we actively cultivate a company culture that thrives on shared experiences. We encourage team members to embrace this culture by working from our inspiring office spaces at least three days a week, allowing for meaningful connections and collective growth.
Lastly, we ask that you please upload your CV in English, regardless of which country you are applying from.