Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
HiveMQ builds the nervous system of the interconnected world.
The HiveMQ Cloud team develops and scales the HiveMQ Cloud Dedicated and Pay-As-You-Go platforms and accompanies our customers on their journey into HiveMQ Cloud to fully leverage the power to connect millions of devices for thousands of users and critical use cases. All seamlessly integrated with the customers own platforms, ecosystems and differentiating use cases.
At HiveMQ, our customers come first. As Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer, you will be one of our most customer facing engineers who implement and maintain large scale, highly specialized and customized HiveMQ Cloud environments for our top-end enterprise customers to always perfectly fit their needs.
You accompany them as a trusted engineer through their HiveMQ Cloud implementation journey. Therefore you will work cross-functionally to understand and consult in detail how our customers' engineers integrate our products in technical depth in their use cases, with their devices, their infrastructure and services.
You architect and build all kinds of integrations and extensions into our Dedicated Clouds, you instantiate, integrate and rollout HiveMQ Dedicated environments and deliver them as up and running setups to the customer. You support them in maintaining and re-architecting these Dedicated Clouds. Together with the platform and product teams you will industrialize differentiating features out of our products into new platform core capabilities.
The HiveMQ Cloud team usually operates within European work hours, for delivering customer projects worldwide we have to adapt to customers timezones.
- Learn everything about MQTT, distributed systems, IoT (theory, applications, best practices) and work with your team to deliver outstanding technology to our users
- Architect and implement HiveMQ Cloud into large-scale customer ecosystems and seamlessly integrate it with their infrastructures, security, services and devices.
- Craft all kinds of integrations and extensions to our core Broker product and the HiveMQ platform and use them in our HiveMQ Cloud Dedicated setups.
- Guide our customers as their trusted architect and engineer, being one of the most visible faces of Engineering, through all the technical aspects of a distributed IoT Cloud and the implementation and integration journey.
- See a wide range of different application and usage scenarios, business models and enterprise system landscapes.
- Internally advocate for the customer’s technical needs down to the bits towards all Engineering teams to ensure our products grow ahead of our customers current requirements.
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary HiveMQ project teams, technical support and our SREs to ensure reliable services and operations also after a rollout is finished.
- Live a project culture of teamwork, quality, growth, drive to action and excellence
- Contribute to the overall product quality and engineering vision of HiveMQ
- Profound Experience (5+ years) architecting, developing and delivering various kinds of software and infrastructure projects in a customer facing role
- Profound and current Hands-On Experience in developing on the Java Platform, especially Java SE 11+ and e.g. RxJava 2, Reactor, Gradle, Maven, Micronaut, Quarkus, Vert.x or similar
- Profound Experience with at least one, advanced experience with one more of the big cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong Experience in working with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Gardener, Helm or similar IaC tools.
- Strong Experience with various Databases (SQL and NoSQL), Messaging and Streaming Processing Systems (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, EventHub, Google PubSub), Interface Implementation (e.g. REST, ProtoBuf), Security and Security (e.g. 2way TLS, Certificates) is a big plus
- High standards on solving problems with excellent code, peer reviewed, version controlled on Git, test-driven, with CI/CD and highly automated.
- Proven customer/stakeholder management skills, interfacing with executive and technical stakeholders, driving technical implementation or transformation programs.
- A systematic but pragmatic approach paired with a high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish as a team
- Solid Experience with IT operations, support process and respective tools, e.g. ITIL, PIC, OpsGenie, Rootly, JIRA ServiceDesk
- A good understanding of how to enhance products and platforms out of customer projects is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and an outstanding work ethic
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.