Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
We connect the world.
HiveMQ helps companies connect devices to the Internet. We make it possible to move data from device to cloud in a secure, reliable, and scalable manner. Over 130 customers, including many Fortune 500 companies, rely on our HiveMQ in production for mission-critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0, and connected IoT products. Our flagship product is HiveMQ, an MQTT broker that empowers innovative companies by creating a central nervous system between things, machines, and humans. Headquartered in the beautiful medieval city of Landshut, Bavaria, HiveMQ is an international company with team members from all over the world.
The mission of the HiveMQ Cloud team is to expand, improve, and maintain the HiveMQ SaaS product to support hundreds of millions of connected devices for mission-critical deployments based on MQTT. We are expanding our highly successful product team with an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager for our SaaS platform. Our team currently works remotely in European time zones.
As the Head of Product Design at HiveMQ, you’ll be the integral part of the HiveMQ Cloud team and, working closely with other disciplines, create user-centered digital experiences built upon user research, strategy, and strong design methodology.
Furthermore, being the first Product Designer to join, you will have the opportunity to establish and shape the Design discipline and HiveMQ and build a team of designers.
Ultimately, a seasoned design practitioner, you’ll stay abreast of the latest trends in User Experience Design and Research, bringing insights and a fresh perspective in a hands-on role creating experiences that matter.
- Learn everything about MQTT, related ecosystem of technologies, IoT (theory, applications, best practices) and work with your team to understand and deliver outstanding value to our users
- Establish Product Design as a discipline and build a team of designers
- Hire design team members and coach them in design professional matters
- Design exceptional products from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to development and optimization.
- Design and implement experiments to improve user experience along the HiveMQ Cloud self-service customer journey
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- An empathetic listener attitude and possess exceptional information architecture and UI design skills
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working as a Product Designer, at least some of it spent on a complex technical product, with a proven track record
- Hands-on experience in a leadership role in both product design and managing team members
- In-depth understanding agile product development workflow and have experience working in a cross-functional team in a product-led growth setup
- A Methodical approach to usability and handling complexity at scale
- In-depth understanding and experience with product-led growth model
- An understanding of what makes a product high quality, with an extremely sharp eye for detail and intuitive user experiences
- Mastered UX design – including Information Architecture, Wireframing, Prototyping, and Design Systems
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong design facilitation skills
- Effortless communication and presentation skills
- Natural leadership and collaboration skills
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.