As part of the Avionics, Guidance, Navigation and Control team (AGNC), you will be responsible for the harness engineering of all related electrical connections of the Spectrum rocket. Your main tasks will focus on defining and implementing the vehicle harnessing strategy, including integration in the vehicle and testing. As part of the latter, you will supervise the interconnections of the avionics equipment within the launch vehicle and across the launch pad, while you will also be responsible for the implementation of a suitable grounding architecture for the vehicle. As the launcher and test setup designs progress, you will be tasked to track changes and adjust the wire harness designs accordingly, while maintaining the interface between the AGNC and the manufacturing & assembly teams concerning harness production, assembly and integration.
More specifically, you will:
- Define and implement the harnessing strategy for the Spectrum rocket
- Implement a grounding architecture for the vehicle
- Engineer the harnesses (pinning, integrability, shielding) and 3D routing
- Track topological changes of the avionics on the vehicle and adapt harness design
- Create the necessary documentation for harness manufacturing, assembly and integration
- Define and conduct tests for the harness assemblies
- Support various test rigs on their harnessing needs and validate your designs for the respective tests
- Select the components where appropriate, define custom requirements and support the procurement process
Who you are and what you have:
- BSc/MSc in Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years of experience in harness design, sizing, and documentation
- Experience with SolidWorks Electrical or similar software
- Experience in CAD design
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Clean, organized, and structured way of work
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Good knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals
- Experience in harness assembly
- Basic understanding of sensors and valves
- Knowledge of the associated problems and best practices regarding electromagnetic interference and compatibility (EMI/EMC)
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
- Deutschland Ticket
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?