The International community team seeks to identify and empower local leaders to build and foster robust, vibrant, and diverse NEAR communities globally.
- Develop and implement strategies to expand NEAR’s community presence in international markets
- Develop a complete map of existing regional hubs, their focus areas, team/org, key projects, and funding (effectively have a strong sense of what is going on)
- Facilitate best practice sharing and cross-region collaboration
- Coordinate with local community leaders to run local community events, build relationships with NEAR advocates & web3 KOLs and provide them with support and resources
- Onboard new regional hubs & prioritize key region that we need to expand into
- Create a journey & roadmap for regional hubs- how to grow from a small meetup to a full-scale hub
- Set up quarterly OKRs with robust reporting functions
- Tie regional hubs to the NEAR Foundation and broader NEAR community
- Strong understanding of the blockchain industry and the unique challenges and opportunities
- Able to build relationships as a trusted thought partner with a diverse set of constituents
- Capable of organizing decentralized systems and coordinating a significant number of stakeholders without formal authority
- Demonstrated experience with regional expansion and community strategy
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Bonus points for speaking multiple languages.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.