What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP's and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are 100+ of us distributed across the world.
You can view all our open positions here: https://jobs.nethermind.io/
Head of Finance has the responsibility of overseeing the financial operations of the organization, including accounting, financial reporting, tax, and business control
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and guidance to the finance and accounting teams
- Operate an efficient and effective finance organization providing a variety of services to the business such as financial planning, reporting, and analysis, [treasury], tax, and other finance operations
- Provide shareholders and executive team with periodic financial reports and oversee the accounting system and financial control function of the firm.
- Review and analyze all the financial records to verify their accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements and the company’s set procedures. Protect the company’s vital assets, close the books correctly, and communicate value and risk issues to investors and the board
- Design financial models catering to various operating initiatives, and assist with budget preparation
- Provide strategy recommendations and assistance on long-term financial, liquidity, tax, and business planning to the executive team. Align business and finance strategy to grow the business
- Serve as a key point of contact for the financial department and auditors
- Devise hiring strategy and participate in recruitment to build a strong global finance department
- Establish and maintain good relationships with external partners, stakeholders and investors
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent financial planning and forecasting skills
- Experience with budget planning and optimization
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to strategize and devise solutions, and comfortable working with numbers
- Honesty and integrity
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in various computer software, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and other financial management software
Qualification and Experience
- 15+ years of experience in a senior management position
- Background in finance, accounting, business management, business administration, or a related field
- Knowledge of government laws and regulations.
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Competitive rates
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
We are always on the lookout for talent!
If what we do excites you, but none of the current open positions match your background, we encourage you to send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our growing and active community of 1000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT