Working to solve our climate crisis is the most important mission of our time, and the most exciting problem to be working on. Overstory’s mission is to help solve our climate crisis by providing real-time intelligence about the planet’s vegetation. In our first step toward this mission, we are applying machine learning to satellite imagery to track forests and vegetation. Today, we proudly partner with 40+ leading utilities worldwide, including 4 of the top 10 US utilities, to help reduce wildfire risk and increase grid reliability to prevent power outages.
We have already proven our business model and we’re all united behind our ambitious vision to scale up this model to help humanity and the planet. We recently closed a $14 million Series A, led by B Capital and welcoming The Nature Conservancy to our collective of climate-minded investors. This milestone includes additional investment and continued support from Convective Capital, Semapa Next, Bentley iTwin Ventures, Pale blue dot, CapitalT, Moxxie Ventures, and Overwater Ventures
If you want to have a real impact and solve some of the world's most complex challenges with advanced technology, come work with our talented and passionate team. Overstory is a remote-first company, with people living all over the U.S. and Europe.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced sales hunter. As part of the sales team, you’ll sell our vegetation management solution to electric utilities. From finding leads to closing deals - you have a consultative approach and are excited to win new business.
What you will do
- You will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, managing, owning and driving the full sales process from the first contact through closing new sales. You'll use your consultative approach to build a relationship with senior leadership and other relevant stakeholders to demonstrate our value.
- You will close deals at a targeted set of accounts that drive value for both the client and Overstory.
- You will attend industry events and trade shows while traveling to meet with prospects throughout the US.
- You will practice strong sales hygiene by maintaining accurate information of your deals, next steps, probabilities and communications in our sales CRM, Hubspot.
- You will perform product demonstrations and build business cases for prospects and qualified leads.
- You will be supported by a strong team of sales leadership, marketing, solutioning and delivery.
- 5+ years of sales experience at an enterprise software / SaaS company.
- Startup experience - VC-backed, Series A or B.
- Willing to travel regularly.
- Exceptional verbal, written and visual communication skills in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a team player and seek out feedback.
- Working inside a structured sales process and opportunity qualification framework.
- Experience with selling to utilities is a big plus. At minimum you have experience with similar industries and sales motions.
What you get
- To be part of truly mission-driven work that reduces wildfires, protects earth’s natural resources and helps solve our climate crisis.
- Flexible working environment with a lot of autonomy. We build our work days around our lives, not the other way around.
- Other benefits like a remote working budget, an educational budget and time to develop new skills.
- To be surrounded by an excellent, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance and respect.
- Equity and a competitive salary.
About our team
We are a group of 70 people from all over the world. Twelve nationalities are represented in our team. We work remotely from eleven different countries and meet up once a year in-person for our unforgettable team gathering event. We also offer the option to occasionally meet up for in-person collaboration.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion and strive to continually bring in people of all genders, races, creeds, ethnicities, abilities and backgrounds. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem.
We’re always looking to diversify our team further, but we’re proud of the fact that four out of the eight people on our leadership team are female or non-white males, 47% of the overall team are female and 20% of the team are people of color. Our team speaks thirteen languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Luxembourgish, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Indonesian and Cantonese.
Tackling the climate crisis is our greatest mission.
We act with urgency.
Our curiosity fuels our growth.
We recognize that change is constant, and we find joy and power in exploration.
We’re rooted in diversity.
Just as ecosystems need biodiversity to thrive, our resiliency comes from our differences.
We care for each other.
We love the power of machines but we nurture each other as humans.
Trust is fundamental.
We assume the best in everyone, and we share ideas openly so that we have a positive impact.