Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
Peak is an AI company that provides the platform, application and services to help businesses harness the potential of AI to grow revenues, increase profits and efficiencies.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Peak. Off the back of our $75m Series C funding round in late 2021, led by SoftBank, we're scaling our offering, and putting AI in the hands of even more customers.
We have ambitious plans for the future and that means we're looking to welcome new people to our team. At Peak, culture and success come hand in hand – so creating and protecting a company culture that’s true to our values remains a fundamental aspect of our mission.
Future Data Science Opportunities
Can’t see the right role for you?
Join our talent pool to be among the first to receive notifications on live vacancies as they arise.
Our own talent team is also active on LinkedIn, sharing all types of content about Peak, our DS teams and opportunities that open up to work with us. Here is a link to the profiles of Charlie Moore, Data Science Talent Manager and Luisa Ramon, Data Science Talent Resourcer.
We'll keep your information on our system for up to 2 years against the position you’re interested in and the talent team will be in contact with any suitable vacancies.
Data Science at Peak
We have six teams within our Data Science org, as well as a graduate scheme which offers rotations across the majority of the positions.
- Operations: Operational data scientists build machine learning and optimization models to enable business users to make better decisions and drive favourable business outcomes.
- Insights: These insights teams help businesses understand their world better by using analysis and visualisations to create insights containing actionable recommendations.
- Peak Labs: Mainly composed by ML Engineers who research cutting-edge methods and best practices to up-skill data science teams, produce research outputs, and develop software tools that increase team efficiency and improve customer commercial outcomes.
- Data Engineering: They work alongside data scientists and business teams, as part of the operations team, to ensure the reliable processing of organisational data and ensure seamless integration of outputs back into end user systems.
- Team Leaders: Their role is to build and lead a team of data scientists, providing guidance and strategic expertise to ensure projects are successful and that the team are developing the skills required to be great data scientists.
- Fellowships: The Peak fellowship programme offers a great opportunity for those coming from an academic background to get a career in data science. We’re looking for people with a PhD and possibly postdoctoral experience who are enthusiastic to learn more about data science. During the fellowship, you’ll get exposure to data science and how we deliver value for our customers.
If you are still wanting to learn more about the different roles, here is a link to a blog post written by our Head of Data Science, Amy Sharif.
However, that is not the only way to get more information about our teams. The data scientists here at Peak are very passionate about knowledge sharing and collaboration. For that reason, we have our own Decision Intelligence community, created for data scientists, data analysts, data engineers and anyone interested in getting into these fields to share ideas, ask questions and learn from one another.
The community also is a great space to keep an eye on the events Peak organises, both online or in-person, such as Ensembles, Webinars, Ask me Anything sessions and our very own AltitudeX.
We’re on a big mission at Peak ‘to be the global leaders of Decision Intelligence’ and we need teammates with the some particular values-driven qualities to help us make this happen:
- Open - We’re inclusive, approachable and friendly
- Driven - We know where we’re going and how we’ll get there
- Curious - We’re innovative problem-solvers
- Smart - We’re confident in our ability and expertise, yet we always remain humble
- Responsible - We look after wellbeing, ours and those around us
Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the game-changers.
Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak is committed to not only creating an amazing place to work but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work-life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world-class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high-performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting-edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like-minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Diversity, Equity & inclusion
We’re here to change the way the world works and build an amazing company that everyone loves being part of. We know diverse perspectives and experiences result in better solutions, which is why we want all of our Peakers to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’ve been striving to build a diverse and inclusive team from the outset. It’s a continuous journey, and there’s more we can do – but we’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, which is ahead of the tech industry standard.
We’ve set targets in relation to gender and ethnicity, for now, but we know there’s more to diversity than just these two areas. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment for those of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, socio-economic status and for those with disabilities.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer – a UK Government certification for organizations actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain persons with disabilities. If you need any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works by putting AI applications in the hands of business teams.
Peak’s AI platform is used by leading brands including Nike, Palace, PepsiCo, KFC and Sika, and provides a broad feature set that enables technical and commercial teams to build, deploy and manage AI applications at scale. The platform features a library of pre-built AI applications that rapidly create real value across a range of business functions.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The same year, it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement, and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and again by Best Companies in 2021 and 2022. This year Peak was also recognized as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators.