Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
We’ve launched a brand new software category, Decision Intelligence, which we want to spearhead and become the trusted, global voice of.
We’re opening up the Peak platform to more organizations, empowering businesses to now build their own Decision Intelligence solutions and applications for the very first time.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team rapidly, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
Purpose of the role
Peak is cloud native, so utilising and extending many of the same core principles and practice of DevOps, CloudOps at Peak is about getting hands on in the cloud, improving quality of service and building a more positive experience for our colleagues and customers. We want CloudOps to be proactive where possible, but react effectively when required.
You may see some skills and experience mentioned that you aren’t familiar with yet and that’s ok - If you’re driven, curious and ready to learn new things we’re open to seeing what you’ve got to offer!
CloudOps Vs DevOps
You may be reading and thinking something like “this just sounds like DevOps!” and yes it is similar - in fact while we build out the team you’d work with and alongside DevOps Engineers, so what is the difference?
This role is to focus on the Operation of the Cloud (in our case, AWS), focussing on the design of cloud systems for the organization itself vs the Development.
Just some of the things you would work on:
- Cost Optimization - Getting hands on and making changes, collaborating and communicating to bridge the gap between other departments such as Engineering and Finance teams
- Resource & Performance Optimization, ensuring resources are appropriately sized and utilised
- Security & Compliance - Building in security measures and practices within Engineering and across the business, such as guard rails, templates and policy enforcement
- Disaster Recovery Planning - Making sure resources are configured to be scalable, highly available and fault tolerant where possible
- Building scripts and suites to automate repetitive or error prone manual tasks, such as Helper functions, Performance checks and Resource Limit Increase Requests
The skills and experience you'd utilise
- Hands on work with AWS
- Cross team collaboration and communication
- Technical implementation of DevOps practices such as scalability, high availability and fault tolerance
- Working with APIs
- Documenting processes and changes
The Peak Platform
Leveraging serverless and container architecture, the Peak platform is built for handling data at scale. Peak enables businesses to productionize AI, end-to-end, in a single platform. Insights and intelligence can be accessed via an array of outputs including in-built and custom apps, integrated via APIs and more.
You can read more about the platform on our website too.
As an AWS Machine Learning and Retail competency partner, that is where we host our infrastructure. Be ready to dive into the inner workings of the platform to debug and resolve issues, we want our engineers to be as autonomous and self-sufficient as they can be, continuously learning and getting practical experience of our favourite technologies.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Peak was founded in Manchester (UK) in 2015 by Richard Potter, Atul Sharma, and David Leitch. We’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Our Decision Intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive game-changing commercial outcomes.
The Peak platform connects data sets from across an organization to provide predictive insight and drive fast and effective decision making. We’re proud to call some of the world's leading companies such as Nike, PepsiCo, JSW, KFC, Molson Coors, Sika and PrettyLittleThing our customers.
In August 2021, we announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We’ve grown rapidly in the last three years and now have over 300+ Peakers globally. In 2021, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. The Sunday Times also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers. Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front. Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
We believe diversity is key to making our business unique. As an accessible employer, we recognise and embrace the diversity on offer throughout our teams, providing a platform for all employees, and ultimately the business, to reach its full potential. The benefits of diversity and equality cannot be fully achieved without creating an inclusive environment. This includes colleagues who are disabled.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer meaning we have been certified by the government as actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. We understand that some disabled colleagues will need adjustments to help them perform to the best of their ability so if you do need any reasonable adjustments then please let us know.