Our mission is to change the way the world works by democratizing AI for every business, and to build a great company – that everyone loves being a part of. These two goals haven’t changed since the days when Peak was little more than an idea forming in the heads of our founders Richard, Atul and Dave.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Peak; we’re growing rapidly off the back of our $75m Series C funding round (2021), led by SoftBank, and we have very ambitious plans for the future.
We’ve launched a brand new software category, Decision Intelligence, which we want to spearhead and become the trusted, global voice of.
We’re opening up the Peak platform to more organizations, empowering businesses to now build their own Decision Intelligence solutions and applications for the very first time.
All of this means that we’re expanding our team rapidly, with huge growth plans in place. But we know that culture and success come hand in hand, so creating and protecting an amazing company culture that’s true to our values remains really important to Peak and our mission.
In the Head of Sales Development role, you’ll have the opportunity to continue to shape and grow the sales development function across EMEA and the US, harnessing leading-edge technologies and enablement best practices to create a world-class team of high performers.
You’ll be responsible for hiring and quickly ramping world-class sales talent; creating a culture of high performance; translating our GTM into successful sales motions across our key verticals; and consistently delivering on our ambitious sales targets with support from the wider global sales team.
You’ll also be a core part of the global sales leadership team and will help shape and influence Peak’s overall commercial strategy.
- Work every day to deliver Peak’s mission of doing great things, and building an amazing company
- Develop an inclusive and sustainable high-performance culture with a team first mentality, mixed with high levels of personal accountability where people love their work and regularly exceed targets
- Foster our coaching culture, assisting the team to continue to develop into the best version of themselves
- Use your learnings to translate Peak’s GTM into SDR cadences and outbound strategy that will successfully sell Peak at Director-level and above in our key verticals
- As you build out the team lead layer, you will be supporting team leads to provide effective coaching, inspiration and help to their teams to ensure rapid ramping, low attrition and consistent quota attainment
- Be great at public speaking. We are often asked to give our opinions on all things AI and as part of the leadership team you will be required to give talks to a variety of audiences
- Lead a global SDR (UK & US) team of +/-13, with 1 direct report, responsible for efficiently and effectively generating quality leads for our sales team to qualify.
- Enhancing Peak’s strategy in Europe, USA and potentially APAC, generating quality leads through outbound efforts. You will be given autonomy to build up processes and scale the team as necessary to help Peak succeed in the market.
- Define the plan and strategy for Peak’s outbound growth strategies, collaborating with marketing and partner teams to optimise our cross-channel approaches.
- Continue to grow the team and scale by hiring and developing great talent.
- Exchange best practices with fellow sales leaders and align frequently with central core functions to constantly optimise efforts across all markets (Product & Engineering, Sales Strategy & Enablement, Marketing, Customer Success, Talent Acquisition).
- You are a data-driven leader that can manage team performance through metrics and KPI’s to ensure they reach their targets.
- You use team performance data to identify knowledge or skill gaps across the SDR team and then build the team’s competencies through coaching and mentoring.
- Create and coordinate educational content, email cadences, pitch decks, and videos to support the SDRs in promoting marketing-produced campaigns and content
- Work with Rev-Ops to pull intent-based segments from third-party technology (6Sense) for SDR teams to target via outbound cadences.
We are building the fastest, smartest, most determined team in the AI space. To achieve this we are looking for teammates who are:
- Open - True team player who works well across the business and supports colleagues; communicates with customers and team members in a clear and open way; doesn’t use jargon; uses words to clearly explain ideas rather than obfuscate them
- Driven - strives for great and not ‘good enough’ in everything and creates an environment in which the sales team does the same
- Curious - have an insatiable urge to learn and improve; always questioning the status quo, is there a better way? What can we learn from others? Instil curiosity in the team. The best sales people are always asking questions to understand customers and their businesses better
- Smart - data-driven, decision maker; efficient with time and effort; can identify what needs to be done and isn’t a busy fool. Knows how to delegate and align a team to reach a common goal
- Responsible - for delivering ambitious ARR goals and for building an inclusive and sustainable high-performance culture; believes in personal accountability and will be build a team that does too
- Proven track record of delivering B2B SaaS sales pipelines.
- Proven background in creating and maintaining lead generation processes, methodologies, coaching and enablement.
- Prior experience in managing and growing a large (+/- 13 person) global outbound and inbound SDR team.
- Experience in leading and enhancing outreach strategies in EMEA and USA.
- Ideally a power user of Salesforce and Salesloft. Any experience of leveraging 6Sense would be a bonus.
- Ability to successfully partner with Marketing and Sales teams.
- Ability to mentor, retain, and motivate exceptional SDR teams.
- Candidates for this role will need to come into the office 3-4x week. Our offices are located in Manchester & London.
Opportunity to help scale one of the worlds fastest growing technology companies and grow the Decision Intelligence market. Competitive compensation package, share options, pension and world class vacation entitlement. Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy. A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
Competitive compensation package.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service, plus eight flexible bank holidays.
- Share options for everyone, when we win, we all win.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay package.
- Hybrid working model and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year, after one year’s service.
- Opportunity to spend one day volunteering.
- Headspace and Spill app subscriptions to support your mental health and wellbeing.
- Direct access to a GP as well as mental health support including counselling, through WeCare, for your partner and children.
- Subsidised gym membership, Peak run club and online yoga, boxing and HIIT classes.
- Regular company and team days along with social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Travel to Peak’s clubhouses around the world.
Peak was founded in Manchester (UK) in 2015 by Richard Potter, Atul Sharma, and David Leitch. We’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Our Decision Intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive game-changing commercial outcomes.
The Peak platform connects data sets from across an organization to provide predictive insight and drive fast and effective decision making. We’re proud to call some of the world's leading companies such as Nike, PepsiCo, JSW, KFC, Molson Coors, Sika and PrettyLittleThing our customers.
In August 2021, we announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We’ve grown rapidly in the last three years and now have over 300+ Peakers globally. In 2021, we proudly received our Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. The Sunday Times also ranked us as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers. Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front. Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
We believe diversity is key to making our business unique. As an accessible employer, we recognise and embrace the diversity on offer throughout our teams, providing a platform for all employees, and ultimately the business, to reach its full potential. The benefits of diversity and equality cannot be fully achieved without creating an inclusive environment. This includes colleagues who are disabled.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer meaning we have been certified by the government as actively taking steps to attract, recruit and retain disabled workers. We understand that some disabled colleagues will need adjustments to help them perform to the best of their ability so if you do need any reasonable adjustments then please let us know.