Working with our customers our mission is to protect the world’s cultural, economic and political memory. This means safeguarding hundreds of millions of unique digital artifacts for future generations. From holocaust video testimonials to vital government and business records.
We are always striving to make our customers more successful and to support this quest we are looking for a technically minded digital archivist or digital preservation professional to join our growing team. Someone who can help our customers get the very best from our digital preservation software and ensure their digital archiving program is an amazing success.
You will be the face of Preservica working closely with customers to support the overall success of their digital preservation program by providing guidance and hands-on support for structuring data and metadata, uploading and ingesting large volumes of digitized and born-digital content, customizing discovery and access portal(s), configuring roles and security, integrating and mapping to catalogs and other systems, handling different content packages, and liaising with the customer’s IT team to gain support configuration where required. You will also be the success champion for the customer. .
Ideally with a background in digital archival science and a technical aptitude, you will have established real-life best practice workflows, ingest routines and data/metadata mapping, using custom scripts and APIs to support digital archiving and preservation technology and software. Equally you will have sound project management, a can-do attitude and be customer-centric.
Ideally you should be based on the West Coast or at least in the Pacific Time Zone so that you can comfortably provide support to both US and Australian based clients.
- Leverage archiving best practices and process frameworks, to drive continual process improvement.
- Create scripts to support customer specific use cases
- Utilize APIs
- Stay abreast of trends in digital archiving, data management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on client operations.
- Achieve high levels of Client satisfaction in the utilization of our SaaS products.
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents and communicate appropriately to customers and internally.
What We Look For:
- Previous hands on experience with digital archiving solutions.
- Proficiency in any scripting languages for example Python, Bash or similar.
- General understanding of REST, API’s, SDK’s etc.
- Familiarity with MODS, METS, PREMIS and other metadata standards relevant to digital preservation and libraries
- Experience with XML
- DAS certification (or similar) is recommended
The personal qualities required for this role are:
- Strong customer service approach mind-set
- Ability to manage change effectively and takes responsibility for the performance and results of people or process
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Ability to develop good relationship with senior stakeholders
What We Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth.