Are you looking for a new challenge using your expert knowledge to build new cloud-native SaaS software products? Can you align an agile software development team to your product vision?
We are Preservica and our active digital preservation solutions are at the razor’s edge of commercial software solutions, addressing the need for smart digital preservation technology. Our award-winning software is used by leading businesses, archives, libraries, museums and government organisations across the globe.
We are world leaders and proud of our achievements – but to stay ahead we need the brightest and most talented innovators to join our development team and right now we are looking for a product owner with excellent agile product development skills to design the next generation of our digital preservation solutions.
A key member of a geographically distributed team, you will work with software engineers and product managers to design product functionality to meet overall product goals. Working as part of an Agile team to build high-quality and fully performing software across our cloud based SaaS product range of Digital Preservation software. Your work will extend to include:
- Break down feature requirements into user stories for engineers and tests to code using techniques such as feature mapping.
- Manage and prioritise the product backlog and ensure the team is aligned to deliver maximum value through effective scoping and sizing of planned features.
- Work with UI/UX teams to understand the product’s users and ensure user interfaces are designed to make the product intuitive for all stakeholders to use.
- Work closely with developers and testers to review and accept newly developed functionality.
- Work with product management to release new features to the customer base and measure their effectiveness.
- Evangelise writing effective, testable user stories to the rest of the team and other product owners.
Our offices are in Abingdon but this role can be either office based or worked remotely in the UK.
What We Look For:
A highly motivated self-starter, to be part of Preservica you need:
- Degree level education in an engineering / software / system related subject or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience.
- Be familiar with Agile development practices, including Feature injection, User stories, Backlog management, Lean / design thinking, User-centred design.
- Proven experience as a product owner in a software product development team.
- A hands-on approach to working with developers and testers to building new product features.
You will also need to:
- Work to tight deadlines, take a lead in preparing for Scrum meetings, work closely with Software Engineers and also with Test Analysts.
- Be personable and have good communication skills, be pro-active and confident to present in team meetings when required.
- Be able to communicate with senior level stakeholders.
What we offer:
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer tangible career development opportunities and dedicated training time to support professional growth. We are happy for you to work remotely in the UK or from our modern offices in Abingdon. Preservica are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Come join US!