At a Glance
Us: Fast-growing startup of 100+ people. We are a remote-first team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019) and Series A funding of 32$m in 2023. Our mission is to revolutionise how the world learns about people, so people can revolutionise the world.🚀
You: A senior manager who will oversee the end-to-end delivery of client projects alongside your team of consultants. Identifying market gaps where Prolific can provide additional value through white-glove support, including survey programming, participant screening and recruitment, data analysis, or research reporting.
As Head of Services, you will spearhead a new business function to meet customer demand for a white-glove service option to design, run and analyse research projects on their behalf. This is a chance to build Prolific's research services function from the ground up and develop our position as an industry leader.
Fundamentally, the services team will be an extension of our customers' own research functions, allowing them to leverage Prolific's panel, tools, and expertise so they can focus entirely on interpreting insights rather than getting bogged down in project execution. As head of this team, the strategy, innovation, branding, positioning, and profit and loss of our services will rest on your shoulders. Success in this role means cementing research-as-a-service as a core pillar of Prolific's offering over the long term.
What you'll be doing
- Manage a team of consultants running end-to-end projects for customers in academia, corporate research, and AI
- Overseeing end-to-end delivery of projects across market research, analytics, and consulting
- Engaging with stakeholders in B2B and B2C industries to win high value service-led deals
- Identifying innovative ways to generate high revenue growth through customised research services
- Creating and implementing short and long-term strategic plans for the services team
- Providing input on overall company direction as part of the senior leadership team
- Establish KPIs and benchmarks for success as Prolific's service team expands.
What you’ll bring
- Exceptional experience in senior client services or insights roles with management experience
- Demonstrable track record of sourcing and winning high-value service-led opportunities in the market research/consumer insights space
- Experience structuring and leading teams supporting large contracts
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for building service offerings from the ground up
- Strong internal and external communication skills to position services to executive stakeholders
- Expertise identifying market gaps and developing solutions for them
- An ability to think creatively with an out-of-the-box mindset
- Understanding of market research industry dynamics and positioning
- Passion for establishing Prolific as the leader in research services and support
What you’ll get
⚖️ Work-Life Balance: We’re all looking to strike the right work-life balance, and as a remote-first company you’re able to work flexibly from your home in the UK or our dog-friendly co-working space in Shoreditch. We offer 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays of course, which you can switch with any day of your choosing. We also have adjusted hours where the whole company finishes 2 hours earlier on Fridays.
🏡 Family Life: We offer generous maternity, paternity and shared parental leave. Need to pick your child up from school? No Problem. Our flexible working gives you the childcare flexibility you need.
💰 Pension: We offer a salary sacrifice pension with a 3% starting employer contribution.
📈 Share Options: An exciting option to buy shares of Prolific in the future.
🧘 Wellbeing: We care deeply about our employees well-being, that’s why we offer comprehensive Bupa & Medicash private health insurance, that disregards medical history. Taxable monthly stipend of £150 in order for you to improve your wellness and remote experience. We want you to have a happy and healthy environment so we offer a £1000 home office budget, along with a Apple MacBook when you start, plus a £200 yearly top-up.
⚰️ Death-in-service: We offer a death-in-service benefit that would pay out 4x of your annual salary.
📚 Learn & Grow: Development is important to us, and we want to give all our employees the opportunity to learn. There are many personal growth and career progression opportunities available, as well as mentoring. We also offer a £1000 yearly budget for education, growth and training for you to use at your discretion.
💙 Culture: We’re a friendly bunch here at Prolific; open, transparent and inclusive. Although we’re a remote first company we still love to hang out with each other! We run collaborative quarterly company-wide meets up and team socials (both virtually and in-person), all paid for. Alongside this we offer a £1000 yearly budget for discretionary meet-ups so you can cover travel, food and accommodation. As a business we’re also committed to carbon offsetting; each month we donate money in your name to plant trees 🌳 and being remote we’re doing our bit to offset travel too
Our Interview Process
Talent Call: You'll meet with one of our Talent team and have an exploratory call about the role requirements, life at Prolific, as well as your background and aspirations.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monitoring
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome all applications, and consider them without regard to race, religion, belief, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, sex or sexual orientation.
We are committed to ensuring a fair recruitment process, it's essential to our success. Under the Equality Act (2010) we collect information from individuals at the point of application. We anonymously monitor the profiles of individuals that apply to each vacancy to ensure that no individual is unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
By submitting your application, you agree that Prolific may collect your personal data for recruiting and global organisation planning. Prolific's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Prolific may process, where Prolific may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Prolific’s use of your personal information.