32 - 40 hours · Amsterdam
Help us build the future of healthcare
Hello, we are Quin's product tech team of over 100 engineers. A tech community of Kotlin/Spring Boot enthusiasts, React natives, Cloud huggers and the QA pros.
A community with a clear purpose: to develop scalable code that propels healthcare into the 22nd century.
Not for ‘the lucky few,’ but for everyone, everywhere. If that’s a purpose you can get behind, now is the time to team up because we are building next-gen, AI-driven doctor and patient-facing apps that effortlessly guides patients to the right medical assistance. We’re also reverse-engineering our Android and iOS apps as a web service.
Together with medical professionals (aches and pains? At Quin, there’s always a doctor in the room!) and data scientists. If a fluid environment where the (patient) stakes are high, autonomy is a given, and learning from hugely talented peers appeals to you, welcome to our development lab!
As our Computer Vision Medical Imaging Lead, you:
- Take technical leadership of the AI team, where you will be deciding on the tools and techniques used by your team;
- Are managing a team of (for now) two Computer Vision Engineers;
- Are the Product Owner for the team, deciding on the product roadmap;
- Create the medical technical vision, where do we want the product(s) to head to, setting up the long-term vision for it, including internal and external stakeholder management;
- And last but not least, hands-on computer vision and medical image analysis.
As Computer Vision Lead, you assume responsibility for all medical imaging endeavours. Given our transition from a scale-up to a product-led organisation, this calls for hands-on experience with medical imaging engineering, as well as interpersonal skills like people management, so you need to leverage all of your experience and skills to maximise your impact.
Leading the AI department at Quin? In scope. Creating the technical vision together with your team on where image recognition at Quin should be headed? All yours, too. As is passionately promoting your vision to a diverse group of stakeholders, ranging from Engineer sand Product Owners to GP’s and Medical Specialists. But rest assured, we have your back, and you can always tap into the insights of your peers: people who’ve been around the AI block and will gladly help you out.
Your skill and dedication greatly contribute to Quin’s future growth, and the pay-off comes with a serving of ‘moral satisfaction’ to boot. That’s because we are a purpose-driven organisation, and every feature you deliver ultimately makes health care more straightforward, personal, and future-proof.
A purpose worth investing in! Of note: at Quin, pioneering is the name of the game. Nothing is set in stone yet, so conceptual prowess and a forward-thinking mindset are welcome.
As Computer Vision Engineer, you report to the Computer Vision Lead.
How do you make us better?
If you are a Computer Vision Engineer with:
- A Master or PhD degree (strongly preferred) in AI, Computer Science, Physics, Math or any other related field;
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience of research with medical imaging modalities (X-ray, US, MRI, CT);
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on industrial experience with deep learning for computer vision, preferably for medical images;
- At least a couple years of experience in leading AI/Computer vision teams, setting technical roadmaps, research directions, managing day to day activities of your team. Or you have a PhD and in addition 2-3 years industrial experience in leading AI/Computer vision teams;
- You have experience with project management and agile methodologies;
- Plus: You have experience with data engineering topics (structuring data, databases, streaming data + data pipelines (e.g. AirFlow, MLFlow, PySpark);
- Plus: Experience in cloud technologies (we use AWS);
- Plus: You have experience with security and compliance standards;
...then this job is right for you!
What will you get from us?
We hope the opportunity to future-proof healthcare with us gets your adrenaline pumping. That’s what makes your colleagues tick. Speaking of which, you’ll work with talented, international teammates who are always happy to bounce ideas off each other, so learning from peers is a given. We accelerate the learning curve through our (buzz incoming) career development program, which helps you plot the optimal Quin course and empowers you to reach personal goals quicker.
We support flexibility and work life balance, and offer a hybrid work environment. We expect you to work 2 days per week at the office, that is what we aim for. But given our prime location (the former Netflix building), you may find yourself gravitating towards HQ more often. If only to challenge a colleague in our gaming room, grab a meal in our cafeteria, participate in bootcamps, join our regular learning sessions and lunch lectures. Last but not least, relocation assistance from start to finish.
Ready to future-proof healthcare with us?
Hit that healthy-looking button to set up a digital appointment.