Refeyn is developing mass photometry, a new technology for the analysis of biomolecules that measures the mass of single molecules with light. Refeyn spun out the University of Oxford’s Department of Chemistry in 2018. The Refeyn group is uniquely positioned for rapid growth worldwide.
The Application Scientist will drive development of new applications, product development and consumables in the Product and Applications Department. For selected applications, the Application Scientist will optimize experiment execution and acquire sufficient + representative data to allow validation. The data and knowledge acquire through those experiments will be used for example in:
- Marketing and Sales material
- To develop, optimize or advertise new applications, products or consumables
- To be used as either internal or external training material
The data acquired might also be used to develop and/or validate new products, instruments, or software. The Application Scientist will further participate in product testing, sample jobs and support other members of the product development team when needed.
The application scientist is expected to work independently but following close guidance and feedback from management team.
This role reports to the Manager Applications and works closely with all the other departments in Refeyn.
- Ownership of specific application projects / product line support according to the company and department strategy. This will require:
- Pro-active support ongoing R&D projects as well as established product lines with thorough and timely application work for validation, benchmarking and testing
- Design and execute comprehensive sets of experiments to build a solid foundation for improvements applications, hardware and software
- Degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or other relevant subject
- Hands-on experience with a variety of bioanalytical techniques
- Ideally prior experience of assay development
- Excellent oral and written communications and organization skills
- £35-40k (possibly more depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Comprehensive employee insurances including private medical, life assurance, critical illness and income protection