About the job
You will join the frontend team and work on developing new product features and maintaining high-quality standards.
- Build and enhance our frontend architecture, framework and design.
- Develop scalable and reliable quality standards for our frontend framework.
- Collaborate with the Product and Backend teams to brainstorm, design and implement innovative user-facing features.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to solve complex challenges, hiring, and shaping the culture.
- Share your knowledge inside and outside Sifflet, if you are an open-source enthusiast like us, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a project of your choice.
- Work with anyone across the company to make Sifflet better everyday !
This is a key moment to join Sifflet, as we’re still a small team with a lot of room to grow: you’ll have a major impact on the development of our product and the underlying architecture.
There are a few unique aspects of our stack:
- Applications have direct access to customer databases, so security is extremely important, and we will invest more than the typical startup in this domain
- We use a single-tenant architecture (one separate infrastructure stack per customer), which means automating infrastructure is key to velocity
- we already run machine learning models (ML) in production for anomaly detection, and we’ll have to support more ML-based applications in the future
- We have a wide range of integrations with modern data stack tools from BI, orchestrators to data warehouses which means we use various APIs to build these heterogenous integrations.
We use state-of-the-art technologies to build our platform:
- Kubernetes (mainly AWS EKS clusters, with some GCP deployments too)
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform, applications deployed with Helm
- Applications written either in (modern) Java or Python, to tap into the huge data ecosystem offered by these languages.
- MySQL (running on AWS RDS) for databases
- Frontend is written in Typescript + VueJS
- and a few supporting services: Gitlab CI, Prometheus/Loki/Grafana…
A few projects you could be working on
- Build the design system in collaboration with the product design team
- Use open-source libraries such as d3js to build advanced and creative charts
- Work on optimizing the performance of the application, the build deployment and monitoring systems
- Bringing hundreds of delightful Figma designs into reality
- You have a BS/MS in a scientific field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of modern frontend frameworks such as Vue.js or React, Typescript, and testing frameworks (Cypress, Selenium, Mocha, Jest...)
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and how to consume them
- Experience building large scale frontend applications
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status update
- You are creative, organized, self-motivated, and able to drive ambitious projects to success from conception through coding to deployment
- Great UX/UI sensibility and attention to detail.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
We are building the world’s best data observability platform to help companies excel at data-driven decision-making. Today half of a data team’s time is spent troubleshooting data quality issues, Sifflet is putting an end to that. Our solution allows data engineers and data consumers to visualize how data flows between their services, define data quality checks, and quickly find the root cause of any data anomaly. Companies such as Datadog and New Relic have improved the productivity of infrastructure teams tenfold. Our goal is to bring the same benefits to data teams. In a few years, every data-driven company will be using a data observability solution, and we want to be the best solution on the market (and of course, we have plans to go well beyond simple “data observability”). We are backed by tier-1 investors and work with customers all across the globe. Our number of clients is growing steadily, and we need to expand our team!
Are we the company you’re looking for?
- We have offices in Paris but we’re very remote-friendly — several team members are fully remote.
- Salary range: 60-80 kEUR + Stock-options — we can go higher for outstanding profile or Senior level
- We have experts on many topics, so there’s always someone to help. We also have weekly tech talks where everyone can discuss a cool project or technology.
- We work on diverse projects, and we’re fast at building things. You’ll be exposed to a wide breadth of topics, and some cool tech (ML pipelines, parsers for many SQL dialects, self-healing single-tenant Kubernetes clusters, job orchestration, APIs and CLI, etc…).
- We are a group of passionate and ambitious people. We value ownership, commitment, and teamwork.
- We firmly believe in fostering a culture where each person feels valued and included. We recognize the importance of diverse experiences and backgrounds in strengthening not just our company, but also the richness of our workplace culture. We consider all applicants for employment, assuring them of equal opportunity without any bias towards age, color, familial status, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, sex (inclusive of pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- We’re building a genuinely great product and think you’ll love the team!