You will be joining the Speechmatics Sales team, playing a pivotal role in driving company growth and success. The market for Speech technology is growing fast and our partners and customers love our world-class speech recognition software. We are expanding the Sales team to address this rapidly increasing demand, building out a dynamic sales capability that will deliver significant growth over the coming years. You will play a key role in the Sales team, driving new business revenue through prospecting, managing, and closing deals with some of our most significant and high-potential customers.
You do not need prior experience of Speech technology (although obviously that would help), but you do need experience of selling complex technology (ours is “headless” tech, often integrated as part of our partners’ whole product stack). This needs to be blended with extensive sales experience and creative commercial acumen. We have great product market fit, but our market opportunities and commercial model continue to evolve almost as fast as the technology does – so you will thrive working with ambiguity and pioneering new revenue opportunities in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive and deliver sales – selling into new partners and customers and upselling where applicable with existing customers and partners;
- Generate, manage, and prioritise an end-to-end sales pipeline to exceed sales targets and assist the business in hitting its broader financial targets;
- Liaise with Sales Management to identify opportunities for Marketing campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
- Evangelise Speechmatics’ vision and value proposition;
- Support build-out of a high-performing sales team (participate in best practices, coaching and continuous improvement initiatives);
- Build and maintain a thorough knowledge of the market, industry trends, the solutions/services the company can provide, and the Competitive landscape;
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system to ensure robust pipeline management and forecasting;
- Identify and introduce more strategic partners and customer opportunities to the appropriate Senior Account Managers if/when applicable;
- Process customers' orders including liaising with procurement and legal to ensure the timely delivery of products and services.
Who we are looking for:
- Quick learner and plenty of initiative;
- Strong team player who will help support and will adapt to improvements to the Sales Team;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Highly developed written and spoken communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving, often unstructured environment;
- Dynamic and customer-centric person with gravitas, energy and presence;
- Ability to work independently.
What we can offer you:
Speechmatics is a collective team of ambitious, problem solvers and thought-leaders paving the way for inclusion in speech recognition technology 🗣🎙.
No matter what stage of your career you're at - from paid internships and first-job opportunities through to management and senior positions - we'll support you with the training and development 🏋️ needed to reach your career aspirations with us. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for you to get involved and collaborate with those around you to deliver your best work 📈.
When you become part of the Speechmatics Team we work hard to make sure you do your best work with us 💪, while also having a good time doing it 😆. With our Focus Fridays you get an undisturbed day of focus 🧘♀️, offset with Together Tuesdays when we have our team meetings 👫.
We offer incredibly flexible working 🤸, regular company lunches, and birthday celebrations🎉. But that's not all. We've spoken to our teams to find out what they want. From Private Medical 🏥 and Dental 🦷 for you and your family, through to global working opportunities 🌎, a generous holiday allowance 🏝 and pension/401K matching , we want to make sure our employees and their families are looked after. Every employee will receive a working from home allowance for tech or home office equipment (on top of your choice of laptop/ Mac, screen and accessories of course) 🧑💻!
We support people to work wherever they work best. But we also understand the importance of coming together to collaborate, socialise and build relationships. Individuals and teams are free to decide what works for them.
Who we are:
Speechmatics are global experts in deep learning and speech recognition, providing technology that understands every voice. We have built the most accurate and inclusive speech-to-text engine available 🗣🎙, which is now working with an amazing mix of global companies 🌎. We have recently raised $62 million at Series B and continue to grow positively 🌻.
Joining us means working with some of the smartest minds around the world 🤯, focused on cutting-edge projects and deploying the latest techniques to disrupt the market. We believe in putting people first 🥰; we’ll do all we can to help you develop your skills and give you the tools you need to thrive 📈. We support people to work wherever they work best and also understand the importance of coming together to collaborate, socialise and build relationships 🙌.
This is only the beginning; we’re looking for amazing people like you to continue our journey… 🚀
At Speechmatics, our mission has always been to ‘Understand Every Voice’.
We believe that recruiting talent with diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds encourages people to think differently and be more creative.
We welcome difference whether it’s gender, gender identity or expression, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy and maternity status; so please be yourself!