Software Engineer (React/Node)
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward. Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors. Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful. Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them. YLD is a software engineering and design consultancy; we create digital capabilities for our clients that last beyond our engagement. We have offices in London, Lisbon, Porto.
About The Role:
You will work on delivering digital transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, predominately using NodeJS and React (although we’re not restricted to only using these and will work with the most suitable tools).
A YLD Software Engineering Consultant is a highly-skilled developer who exemplifies the highest standard in software engineering and enjoys sharing their knowledge and experience with others.
It would be great if you have experience in some front-end frameworks (e.g. React or Vue) and an understanding of back-end architecture, scalability and deployments (even if in languages other than Node.js).
You’ll have the opportunity to build and deliver software within some interesting projects, both in terms of the product and the methodology. We work in an Agile environment (Scrum) with a test-first mindset (actually, writing code without tests should be unthinkable). We are also big advocates of pair programming and nothing is released until we have a code review.
You have a real passion for problem-solving, you are an active learner and get excited by working collaboratively with those around you.
- Strongly experienced in Node.js and React development
- Experience in databases (both relational and schema-less)
- A strong focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Strong focus in testing (experience with latest tooling)
- Building high-performance and scalable applications
- A working knowledge of application security, authentication and related cryptography
- Good understanding of design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools
- You can keep a cool head when debugging production issues
- Problem-solving skills that balance innovation with pragmatic technology choices to solve business needs
- Comfortable working in a dynamic production environment and take care of client expectations effectively
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
As well as the chance to work with a forward-thinking, ethical, and fun group of people, you’ll also get:
- Company Private Health care (currently provided by BUPA)
- Enhanced fully paid maternity and paternity leave for up to 6 months
- Company’s Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual holiday (excluding Public Holidays)
- £2000 annual allowance for Training/Conferences
- £300 annual allowance for additional hardware
- Mental Health support: access to Spill app
- Meditation/Sleep support: Headspace or Calm app subscription
- Bonus (depending on Company performance and results)
- Company laptop
- Generous referral schemes
Our typical Recruitment Process looks like this:
- 1st Interview with someone from the Talent team (30/45 mins)
- Take-Home Challenge (~1h)
- Technical Interview with our Senior Developers (1h30)
We live and breathe our values, and know you will too:
- Growing every day
- Including everyone
- Relationships built on honesty and ethics
- Inspiring solutions
- Winning together
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, age, marital status, or disability status. Likewise, we also offer a remote-first working environment, meaning that flexible working and work-life balance come as standard for all employees.