This 18-month long FTC is an exciting project opportunity that will fill a key role supporting the ANS migrations team. You will be responsible for working with our project management, support and infrastructure teams to deliver physical to virtual migration services to our existing customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the end-to-end physical to virtual migration process and maintaining our customers’ service expectations throughout. You will lead the development and delivery of migrations plans to support migrating our customers on to our virtual cloud platform and act as the technical and planning contact for our customers to ensure they have a smooth and successful migration experience.
What will I be doing?
- Work with the support teams to understand and map out the customers solution
- Build out simple migration plans in conjunction with the project managers and the customer
- Contribute to the rightsizing of migrated customer solutions
- Work with the support teams on developing complex migrations plans
- Perform prechecks, benchmarking and migration readiness testing
- Perform set up of new customer environments in our VMWare cloud platform
- Perform manual data transfers between solutions
- Perform automated P2V migration using Veeam
- Conduct post migration QA testing and benchmarking, customer handover and signoff
- Innovating and aiding in the development of a new migration service
- Developing your expertise in practical cloud transformation, VMware-based private cloud solutions and Linux Server technology
What will I bring to the role?
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting most of the following specifics:
- Linux System Administration:
- RedHat based distributions (CentOS, Fedora, RHEL)
- Debian based distributions (Ubuntu, Debian)
- Web/DB Technologies:
- Mail management
- Web hosting security best practices
- Web application firewalls
- Cache management
- Control Panels (cPanel & Plesk)
- Working Hyper-V knowledge
- VMWare ESXi and vSphere
- Backups Technologies
- HA Technologies
- Load Balancing
- Pacemaker Clustering
- MySQL Replication
- Understanding of Veeam Backups and restore processes a benefit
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service to customers or excellent communication skills
- Experience completing physical to virtual migrations
Why work for ANS?
At ANS, we’ve created a place where everyone can be themselves, and we empower our people to get the job done. Openness, ambition, honesty, and passion are what drive us every day. We are bold, courageous, and innovative – and we do it like no other. We invest in our people. In training, development, health and more – we give you the benefits and flexibility to maintain a happy work-life balance.
We’re proud of the inclusive, fun, dynamic environment we’ve created. It’s a safe space that works for all. You don’t have to be a techie to work in tech. Bring your authentic self and find your dream role here. Find out more at LinkedIn pages.
What’s in it for you?
With fantastic benefits, an inclusive culture, and a cool office space, we’re your kind of workplace.
- As standard: 25 days’ holiday, plus you can buy up to 5 more days
- A little extra: we’ll give you your birthday off, and an extra celebration day for whatever you want! Tying the knot? You get 5 days’ additional holiday in the year you get married. Oh, and 5 volunteer days!
- Private health insurance
- Pension contribution match and 4 x life assurance
- Flexible working and work from anywhere for up to 30 days per year (some exceptions)
- Maternity: 16 weeks’ full pay, Paternity: 3 weeks’ full pay, Adoption: 16 weeks’ full pay
- Company social events – get ready for a jam-packed calendar
- Electric car scheme
- 12 days of personal growth development time
ANS are an equal opportunities employer. We encourage diversity and anyone applying for a role at our organisation can be assured that their application will be treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, gender expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sex or sexual orientation. We sometimes ask for information relating to individuals for equal opportunities monitoring purposes only.