This 18-month long FTC is an exciting project opportunity that will fill a key role supporting and team leading the ANS migrations team. You will be responsible for working with our project management, support and infrastructure teams to deliver physical to virtual migration services to our existing customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the engineering team delivering the end-to-end physical to virtual migration process and maintaining our customers’ service expectations throughout. You will work with our project managers to lead the development and delivery of migrations plans to support migrating our customers on to our virtual cloud platform and act as the technical and planning contact for our customers to ensure they have a smooth and successful migration experience.
What will I be doing?
- Building out and setting standards for our new migrations team
- Work with our engineering teams to finalise and deliver our migrations approach and strategy
- Working with our support and infrastructure teams to devise and implement training programs for the migrations team
- Liaise with PMs and Customers to build out simple migration plans to our virtualised platforms
- Responsible ensuring the team hit operational KPIs and customer deadlines
- Responsible for ensuring migration delivery and solution quality
- Liaising with Support and Infrastructure teams for additional resource where required
- Plan and manage team resources
- Act as a point of escalation for migrations customers
What will I bring to the role?
- Previous experience of team leadership
- Experience of platform migrations
- 3rd Line support experience in either Windows or Linux environments
- Systems administration
- Web / DB Technologies
- Operational VMware experience
- Backups Technologies
- Commvault (preferred)
- Bacula (preferred)
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service to customers or excellent communication skills
Why work for ANS?
At ANS, we’ve created a place where everyone can be themselves, and we empower our people to get the job done. Openness, ambition, honesty, and passion are what drive us every day. We are bold, courageous, and innovative – and we do it like no other. We invest in our people. In training, development, health and more – we give you the benefits and flexibility to maintain a happy work-life balance.
We’re proud of the inclusive, fun, dynamic environment we’ve created. It’s a safe space that works for all. You don’t have to be a techie to work in tech. Bring your authentic self and find your dream role here. Find out more at LinkedIn pages.
What’s in it for you?
With fantastic benefits, an inclusive culture, and a cool office space, we’re your kind of workplace.
- As standard: 25 days’ holiday, plus you can buy up to 5 more days
- A little extra: we’ll give you your birthday off, and an extra celebration day for whatever you want! Tying the knot? You get 5 days’ additional holiday in the year you get married. Oh, and 5 volunteer days!
- Private health insurance
- Pension contribution match and 4 x life assurance
- Flexible working and work from anywhere for up to 30 days per year (some exceptions)
- Maternity: 16 weeks’ full pay, Paternity: 3 weeks’ full pay, Adoption: 16 weeks’ full pay
- Company social events – get ready for a jam-packed calendar
- Electric car scheme
- 12 days of personal growth development time
ANS are an equal opportunities employer. We encourage diversity and anyone applying for a role at our organisation can be assured that their application will be treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, gender expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sex or sexual orientation. We sometimes ask for information relating to individuals for equal opportunities monitoring purposes only.