Allow us to introduce ourselves
Hello there! We’re Appinio, the fastest (and coolest) market research platform. On a mission to make the world a little more fact-based, we help companies understand how consumers think and make better data-driven decisions.
We started out in Hamburg back in 2014 but we’re now humbled to call the world our playground, with over 200 employees spread across 25 cities (we’re remote-first), 2000+ international clients and a panel reach of 7 million, globally.
Want to be a part of the Appinio movement? 🚀
Your mission as a Business Development Representative (FMCG) - DACH (m/f/d)
Appinio is looking for a rockstar Business Development Representative (FMCG) - DACH (m/f/d) to continue our strong growth track. As a BDR, you are at the forefront of our journey to revolutionise the insights market and help to drive our expansion. As we enter new markets and industries, we are looking for smart, creative, passionate, sociable, and energetic people to join our ambitious team.
As a BDR, you will be identifying, pursuing, and realizing growth opportunities and will specialize in our attractive FMCG vertical. You will get support in building a relevant network in your respective vertical and positioning yourself as an industry expert. The BDR position is your chance to build a career in business development, sales, marketing, or customer success and join one of Europe’s fastest-growing & coolest companies.
What you’ll be doing
- Understanding industry dynamics and trends, identifying potential target customers, and uncovering the needs of target personas within relevant prospects
- Drafting outbound strategies to approach potential target customers, craft and execute communication sequences
- Guiding and developing Working Students once you’re fully onboarded and well-equipped with all the tools and skills necessary to excel in your role
- Creating and analyzing account maps to understand your target companies’ structures and discover relevant decision-makers
- Collaborating across international teams to guarantee the best user experience for our clients
- Leading your qualification and nurture meetings with CEOs, CMOs, Head of Innovation, and other target personas supported by perfectly prepared meetings with your team
- Optimizing internal processes to make working methods more efficient (Our value: think 10x)
You will thrive in this role if
- You are a native German speaker and fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You have successfully completed your Apprenticeship (Ausbildung), Bachelor or Master and are extremely motivated to gain valuable experience within the area of sales, promoting one of the best products out there
- You are a very sociable person, characterised by an open nature, which enables you to approach new people with ease
- You are characterised by strong communication skills, excellent time management, a hands-on mentality, and an independent work behaviour
- You like to work in a structured, strategical, and customer-oriented manner in an international and (semi)-remote environment
- You are able to pick up tasks very quickly and execute them as efficient as possible
- You feel comfortable getting challenged while challenging other colleagues during your day-to-day business (360-degree feedback & collaboration)
- You consider yourself a smart, energetic, passionate, outgoing, creative and entrepreneurial personality
- You are highly ambitious as well as a great team player
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility Policy - meaning there is no hard cap on the number of vacation days
- Work-from-anywhere Policy
- You have the chance to develop our amazing product in one of the countries where we operate: Spain, France, Germany, Portugal, the Netherlands or the UK.
- You have the chance to work outside of your country of residence for a maximum of 180 days per year, given that you have a valid work permit for that country
- Udemy L&D Platform - full access to 22,000+ courses and certifications to deepen your knowledge as your career progresses
- You will have the chance to develop your skills with a Masterclass of SDRs of Germany
- All the hardware you need and your own MacBook
- In case you're located in Hamburg or Berlin, you'll get a Deutschlandticket or access to a mobility budget with the RYDES app to get you to and from the office space
- In case you are located in Germany or Spain, you will have access to a Subsidized Urban Sports Club membership
- In case you’re located in one of the cities where most of our fellow Appinioneers are (Hamburg, Berlin, London, Madrid, New York), you can get access to our Co-working spaces
This post not only outlines our ideal candidate but also serves as an inspiration for what this role can evolve into. Even if you consider yourself an 80% fit but have a genuine passion for this position, we encourage you to apply. We're eager to hear from individuals who share our enthusiasm.
Appinio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.