Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), Prague, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
Chemaxon’s Finance team is a constantly growing global organization unit. We are responsible for accounting, consolidating, and controlling the financials of the Hungarian Headquarter and the Swiss, Czech and US legal entities. Our goal is to be prudent and transparent in our processes and we can provide qualified data to the management.
The purpose of the job: Fulfills the administrative tasks related to the direct manager’s activities and supports the continuity of the managerial work and the daily operation.
- Communication with internal and external parties
- Managing incoming and outgoing invoices
- Frequent and ad-hoc financial and accounting reports
- Travel expense management
- Managing and booking credit card payments
- Account receivables management
- Contribution to closing activities
- Any other relevant tasks defined/approved by the direct manager
- Prepare monthly accounting reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of year-end audit
- Basic financial knowledge
- Intermediate English both in written and verbal
- Experience in using ERP system
- Practical experience with Excel
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new software and processes
- Works well in a team environment and with upper management
- High level of critical thinking and logical analysis skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proven work experience as a finance administrator or similar
- Practical experience with Microsoft Business Central
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar
- Experience working in an international company
What we offer
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
Location: Budapest, Váci Greens Office Park