disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Junior Support Specialist (EMEA)
Reports into: Regional Support Manager
About the role:
The Junior Support Specialist is a crucial role in the EMEA team. You will be primarily responsible for our customers’ success with disguise software and hardware products.
Our customers are industry leaders (such as Netflix, Disney, Eurosport) who are producing the most interesting, groundbreaking visual experiences. At times you will be working to tight deadlines and troubleshooting issues that are time critical.
You will be exposed to the full breadth of technology needed to create a successful show (inc and not limited to stage projection, Xr workflows, and our software). We want you to be a highly motivated and positive person looking to push yourself and the team to offer industry-leading levels of support.
We will invest in you and your ability to learn, pushing you to grow and expand in the role and the company. You will be surrounded by an experienced team that can help you develop and improve. disguise is passionate about providing industry-leading support services across the world.
What you will do:
- Own tier 1 support cases and communicate with the customer to resolve issues
- Assist second & third line support with reproduction of complex cases
- Write and share knowledge via customer focussed knowledge base articles
- Manage customer returns for faulty hardware
- Interact with members of the team and clients via Slack, Service Cloud, email and phone to aid in support for all disguise product range
- Prioritise incoming support cases, and escalate critical cases
- Aid other Support technicians with on-site support visits
- Work with the Development & Q&A teams - feedback and logging of software issues
- Assist the Sales & Support team with Demo setups and events/trade shows.
- Server Prep for Sales / Demos / Issue Re-productions
- Continually learn and expand your knowledge in areas that you are passionate about and improve the level of support you can deliver
- Be online one weekend in every 6-8 weeks, followed by a 4 day weekend off work the following week
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience with media servers
- Experience either using at least one of the following products; d3 or a content creation platform such as Unreal Engine, unity, notch
- Experience with one of the following industries music, live events, projection OR entertainment
- Experience providing technical support
- Experience troubleshooting
- Experience in a client facing role
Skills, behaviour and values we are looking for:
- You will have excellent attention to detail, to enable you to log processes and capture data accurately
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written, to interact with both customers and the internal teams at disguise
- You will enjoy problem solving with a curious and inquisitive mind, to investigate a technical issue and get to the heart of the problem
- You will be collaborative, working with the support team to resolve complex issues, as well as knowledge share
- You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with complex time critical issues
- You will be a self motivated person, able to managing changing priorities and work with a global customer base
- You will have a zest for learning and knowledge, learning yourself as well as teaching others
- You will be passionate to expand your knowledge
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent out there. Our benefits for every perm hire, globally include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Salary - reviewed every twelve months w/ equal pay for equal work, and proactive pay increases for growing responsibilities
- Above and beyond gift voucher awards
- Long service rewards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Gig allowance - £400 (or equivalent currency) on tickets every year
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am , and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices
- Enhance holiday entitlement - 20% above the statutory
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing - subscription to the calm app, weekly desk-yoga and mental health first-aid buddies
- Healthcare cash back plans & employee assistance programmes
- Coaching & mentoring
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.