disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: VIce-President - Product Management
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
WHY YOU’RE HERE
The VP of Product Management will play a crucial role as the disguise product range strategist and evangelist and being such will be central to your success and the success of disguise products. Responsible for the technical vision and development of our products, you’ll be collaborating with the Community, Sales, Marketing, Training and Support teams, as well as providing the overall vision for the product roadmap.
You will work closely with the CEO, CTO, CCO and teams to create a product vision which defines and drives the product strategy. This vision will steer and inspire the company, while sustaining it through the ups and downs of growth.
You will drive a strong product culture centered around the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning; understanding that we need to make mistakes in order to learn, but that we need to make them quickly and mitigate the risks. You will also drive the need for continuous innovation, appreciating that great products are the result of true collaboration.
WHAT YOU ARE HERE TO DO
- Drive the product management process for disguise, including:
- Market & Customer Requirements
- User personas
- Business cases
- Market Sizing
- Product Definitions
- Revenue Estimation
- Win/Loss Analysis
- Ownership of community feedback process (collating, reporting and acting on user feedback).
- Setting growth targets and managing revenue and margin forecasting.
- Implementing product level tracking and reporting to ensure that product performance is monitored and communicated.
- Product specification and generation of epics/user stories for refinement by Product Owners, Architects and the development teams.
- Maintain competitive analysis reports by market vertical.
- Work with Marketing to produce communication plans for target market verticals, including USPs and roadmaps.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to produce sales “playbooks” and “guide books”.
- Become a key evangelist of disguise and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
- Drive to continuously improve our products and processes.
- Line-manage and mentor the Product Management team as well as liaising with and mentoring other related personnel including R&D, Community, Sales, Marketing, Training and Support.
- Budgeting and planning for the expansion of the Product Management Team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch to end-of-life across products.
- Product planning and assignment of tasks and deliverables.
- How to lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Defining pricing and competitive positioning for products.
- Developing budgets and financial models, forecasts and metrics.
- Monitoring product development sprints and evaluating results.
- Balancing the needs of customers, community and stakeholders.
- Owning the product roadmap and communicating with C-level execs, board members, and other stakeholders including the disguise community.
- Driving innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Fluent in English, with strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills including financial modeling and pricing strategies.
- Experience working in the media or games industries.
- Be able to say “no,” but explain why in terms that stakeholders understand.
- Be adept at evidence-based decision making.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Powerpoint, Word & Excel (or Google Docs) and a range of digital apps for fast, collaborative communication and task management.
- University degree (or equivalent) in engineering, business or a related field.
- Product management certification: Agile, Pragmatic Marketing framework.
- Project management certification: PMC / Prince2.
- Experience with cloud and SaaS-based products or projects and adopting new technologies to deliver media products or services.
- Professional and organised.
- Collaborative, a natural team player.
- Thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, brave and ambitious for the company.
- Respectful of diversity.
- ‘All in,’ committed and passionate about the company.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent out there. Our benefits for every perm hire, globally include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Salary - reviewed every twelve months w/ equal pay for equal work, and proactive pay increases for growing responsibilities
- Above and beyond gift voucher awards
- Long service rewards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Gig allowance - £400 (or equivalent currency) on tickets every year
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am , and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices
- Enhance holiday entitlement - 20% above the statutory
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing - subscription to the calm app, weekly desk-yoga and mental health first-aid buddies
- Healthcare cash back plans & employee assistance programmes
- Coaching & mentoring
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.