disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
The role of Sr. Designer at Polygon Labs one of creative innovation, leadership, and team building, responsible for working cohesively with a team of 3D Artist , technical artist, animations and Unreal developer to create the unique vision developed for our broadcast customers.
The Sr. Designer work closely with the Creative Director and the Design team on projects that require origination and creative development and thinking. Must be highly visually creative and in addition to an acute sense for visual aesthetics, have an in-depth knowledge of the technology used in aspects of Design. They will design for the projects of internal and external directors. They must also have an excellent awareness of client requirements and the ability to coordinate projects, communicate creative ideas and guide clients through a creative process.
- Work on projects for both internal and external clients, managing each project from conceptualisation through to final product.
- Lead the art direction of visual content for AR, VR, XR projects.
- Generate inspirational, conceptual and creative ideas through and within the Design team.
- Ensure final creative is consistent with client strategy and brand guidelines.
- Manage artists on both production and creative, ensuring highly creative output and quality control from conception through to delivery to meet creative, budget and deadline expectations.
- Guide, teach and mentor Artists in the Design department in developing ideas further.
- 3-5 Year experience with Unreal Engine
- 3-5 year experience with Virtual production and broadcast industry
- In-depth knowledge of motion graphics, 2D & 3D design and experience of design tools.
- Ability to work with directors, producers and designers.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Clear presentation skills to inspire the creative team and to present company goals and creative vision.
- Ability to translate concepts into creative design.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently internally and externally.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent out there. Our benefits for every perm hire, globally include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Salary - reviewed every twelve months w/ equal pay for equal work, and proactive pay increases for growing responsibilities
- Above and beyond gift voucher awards
- Long service rewards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Gig allowance - £400 (or equivalent currency) on tickets every year
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am , and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices
- Enhance holiday entitlement - 20% above the statutory
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing - subscription to the calm app, weekly desk-yoga and mental health first-aid buddies
- Healthcare cash back plans & employee assistance programmes
- Coaching & mentoring
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.