Senior Software Engineer - Frontend - Portal Operations Team
Flipdish allows restaurants to take orders online in an instant. Our technology powers millions of transactions across thousands of restaurants worldwide. With a branded website, mobile app, or self-service kiosk powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on marketplace platforms.
You’ll join a remote-first company in an incredibly exciting phase of transition and growth, as we rapidly expand our development and product teams in Ireland, UK, and internationally.You won’t be told what to build. You’ll be shown the problems and opportunities, given access to people you need to talk to, and given the tools you need in order to succeed.
Due to our continued growth, Flipdish is seeking an experienced Senior Frontend Developer. This person will join the Tech team with the opportunity to help grow and input the day-to-day working of the team using past experiences to help improve our range of products across the Flipdish ecosystem.
The successful candidate for this role will be looking for an exciting new challenge in a hyper-growth environment. You should have a passion for technology and be willing to take on new responsibilities and input to the company’s growth.
- Proven Senior Engineering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication abilities
- Ability to work with different teams, prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Natural inclination to continually improve our technical stack and ways of working
- Passion for UX with the ability to work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to design great product experiences.
- Experience of UI testing frameworks such as WebdriverIO
- Knowledge of Material UI
- Knowledge for Frontend design patterns
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- React with Typescript
- Jest Testing
- Experience of mentoring team members
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Percy Testing
- Experience with Component Driven Development
- Experience with Storybook
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps)
- Swagger / Open API
Too many to list on this job post! We are a growing startup that understands that only amazing incentives will attract the best talent. This obviously includes ESOP because we want all of our best employees to have skin in the game. In addition to a long list of incentives, we provide unparalleled opportunities for growth and development. If you are smart, ambitious and hard-working, we will do whatever it takes to convince you to join the Flipdish rocketship!
We also have
- Access to training and certification
- Collaborative work environment with a dynamic and diverse team — and we do actually mean this and invest in it
- Team-building activities and social events
- Unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance within the company
We are primarily located in Ireland, but we are a remote team and we will consider highly-qualified applicants from other nearby locations.
No business embodies diversity like the food business. And at Flipdish, we're all about empowering those diverse, local, independent businesses - all over the planet. For us, diversity isn't a checkbox. It's embedded in how we work. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills - all working together in an open, honest and transparent culture. Because our strength comes from embracing our differences: differences that reflect the diverse customers we serve.
Please note that for this role we only accept applications from candidates directly. No recruitment agency assistance is needed.
Flipdish is a hyper growth technology company (Deloitte Fast 50) who puts hospitality brands of all sizes in control of their business growth with a digital ordering and marketing system that builds brands, grows profits and turns customers into regulars.
With a branded website, app or self-service kiosk, powered by Flipdish’s world-class technology, hospitality brands can directly accept digital orders without having to list on aggregator platforms, at a lower cost and with more control over the customer experience.
Started in 2015 by technology entrepreneurs James and Conor McCarthy, Flipdish is headquartered in Dublin with a team of 300+ digital food retailing enthusiasts, 7000 active clients across 12 countries with teams in Ireland, UK, Spain, France, Germany and the US.
Flipdish Mission Statement: “To provide food businesses with the best-in-class tools and support they need to win.”