Getsafe is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe. Through our app, we offer digital insurance and protect people and everything that is important to them, so that they can live freely and self-determined – regardless of who they are and how they live.
Our team has over 150 colleagues from more than 30 nations. To help us continue our growth, we are looking for talents who think entrepreneurially and share our values: we grow together, can rely on each other and turn opportunities into successes. With $115 million raised to date and serving over 250,000 customers, we are one of Europe’s top 10 funded insurtechs. We have offices in Berlin, Heidelberg and London.
Location: Onsite in Berlin or Heidelberg. Remote in Germany
Your role and the impact you'll have:
- Split your time between coming up with software solutions (including architecture), helping/mentoring other engineers to implement these solutions, and programming yourself (in that order of priority).
- Work closely with product managers to understand goals (short and long-term) and make sure other engineers are making the right technical decisions to achieve them. Possible product areas include: claims experience, expanding into new markets/products, and best-in-class insurance buying experiences.
- Hold yourself and the team to high technical standards
- Figure out ways to leverage our technology for bigger impacts
Technologies you'll work with:
- React, React Native, Redux and Styled Components
- Next.js and Sanity.io
- REST APIs powered by Ruby on Rails (you won’t work on them, but will interact with them)
- You are an expert in frontend technologies such as React and React-Native, but are also looking out for new technologies we should take advantage of in the fast-paced frontend space.
- You love scalable frontend systems based on design systems and component libraries.
- A strong interest in learning and keeping up with industry standards. You don't need to be an expert in everything, but if there's a problem we need to solve, we expect you to be able to do the deep research to figure out how we need to solve it.
- You can distill a complex problem into multiple parts and clearly communicate your technical vision to the team
Perks & Benefits:
- Environment based on trust - Flex working hours and location (home office option)
- Modern centric offices in Berlin, Heidelberg and London
- Employee participation program in the form of VSOPs
- Individual development budget
- Getsafe insurance voucher for the policy of your choice
- German and English language courses
- Your choice of hardware
- Regular team events
Interested? Let’s chat!
Meet your team:
Anthony Mayer #engVP #programmer4life #petobsessed #naturelover
Andreas Robecke #creator #dreamer #oceanlover #averagejoe
Lütfi Demirci #coffeeenthusiast #technolover #discodancer #onemonthearly
Igor Yamov #softwareengineer #mountainbiker #designlover
Bobby Ung #badminton #gastronomylover #french #life4cooking
Sebastian Golbert #creative #boardgames #topchef #relax
Illia Kaplaushenko #frontend #traveler #ukrainian #football
Jorge Villalobos #frontend #mexiCAN
Akihiko Ito #martialartist #catloverallergic2cats #japanese #homecook
Raphael Kallensee #softwaredeveloper #bicycles #electronicmusic #hi
Jaune Sarmiento #softwaredeveloper #coffeelover #pinoy #mangareader