Hugo is a vibrant start-up with a strong track record of success that is building the Future-of-Work through offshoring. We provide customizable solutions and a hybrid delivery model designed to minimize disruption risk, drive efficiency, and deliver more predictable outcomes for our clients. We specialize in AI operations and omnichannel customer support. Our client list includes Fortune 500 companies, and a wide range of dynamic start-ups across FinTech, EdTech, and E-commerce.
Hugo is seeking a passionate, hands-on, Community Engagement Manager to champion our people-first approach and lead the development and implementation of an innovative community engagement programme. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build engagement initiatives that empower our employees to be their best selves, drive performance and excellence, while fostering a culture of employee well-being. As a passionate change agent with an analytical mind and an eye for details, you will be in charge of the analysis, design and execution of the end-to-end community engagement strategy, with the aim to offer a conducive work environment to our remote workforce across Africa.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
(1) Design and execute engaging programs: Develop and implement a comprehensive employee engagement strategy that aligns with the company’s mission, values and business objectives; Create and manage programs that enhance employee satisfaction, motivation and retention within the community.
(2) Work culture ambassador: Encourage and reinforce Hugo’s core values, ensuring they are embedded in every aspect of the employee experience within our community.
(3) Employee feedback facilitator: Be the bridge between leadership and community. Collect and analyze feedback through surveys, focus groups, and one-on-one discussions. Deep-dive on eNPS; Use data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement and take action accordingly.
(4) Recognition and rewards: Develop and manage a robust recognition and rewards program to celebrate employees’ achievements and contributions. Ensure that recognition is timely and meaningful.
(5) Collaborate with relevant stakeholders: Support Hugo Academy Lead and the People Partnering team on relevant initiatives where community engagement is a core touchpoint.
(6) Support internal communication: Work closely with the Internal communication team to keep the community informed and ensure that company policies and news are disseminated in an effective and empathetic way through the relevant channels (social media, newsletters, intranet…)
(7) Wellness initiatives: Promote employee well-being through health and wellness programs. Organize activities and events that support physical and mental health.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the capacity to guide, influence and convince others.
- A service-mindset.
- Creative, with the ability to think outside the box.
- Highly resourceful, with outstanding problem-solving skills and a desire to drive innovative approaches to outcomes.
- Solution-oriented, with a strong bias to action.
- A passion for creating a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- 7+ years of proven experience in employee engagement, human resources or a related role.
- Strong understanding of current trends and best practices in employee engagement and culture development.
- Data-driven and able to analyze metrics to drive decision-making.
- Ability to build, maintain and enhance relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership skills.
- Perfect written and oral communications skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package.
- A high-caliber, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale, measurable impact.
- An opportunity to shape the future of work in Africa!