Hugo is transforming the future of a continent by re-envisioning the future of its work. We exist to provide BPO excellence to our customers by investing heavily in the very best of African talent.
African communities currently reap less than 2% of a BPO market worth a staggering $430 billion annually. We are changing this.
Specialising in digital and AI operations, omnichannel customer support, and trust & safety solutions for some of the world’s largest tech and media companies, we are providing the continent’s university educated youth with the skills necessary to build a meaningful career in the global digital economy. All whilst delivering industry-beating excellence for our clients.
Hugo is seeking a strong strategic People partner for the leadership of a 1000+ AI operations team. You will integrate HR practices with business objectives, provide strategic guidance, and contribute to the overall success of the organization by optimizing the performance and well-being of its workforce.
You will consult with leadership and program leads to align HR practices with business goals to support the organization’s success.
Strategy and Advisory
- Collaborate with leadership to understand business and department objectives and align HR strategies accordingly.
- Identity People operations gaps and conceptualize appropriate programs to address the gaps.
- Continuously offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
HR Operations Support
- Streamline processes to receive, respond to, and resolve routine employee inquiries regarding HR policies, benefits, payroll, and other related matters.
- Contribute to maintaining and utilizing HR information systems, ensuring accurate and up-to-date employee records.
- Partner with recruitment, training, and program leads to create and implement robust onboarding programs for all roles.
- Provide guidance and input on departmental restructures and workforce planning.
- Partner with leadership to design career paths and internal promotion frameworks.
- Create a succession planning strategy to enable efficient and effective business operations continuity.
- Implement HRM interventions on diversity and inclusion.
- Work together with management and personnel to solve conflicts and help facilitate positive employee relations, maintain a good working environment, and build morale.
- Ensure that information about organizational changes, policies, and other relevant matters is effectively communicated to all employees.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of performance management systems to evaluate and enhance employee performance.
- Educate, coach, and partner with managers on performance management and employee development goals.
- Implement reward and recognition interventions to increase bottom-line results and employee engagement
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals.
Policy and Compliance
- Participate in the creation and implementation of HR policies to govern People operations processes.
- Ensure that HR practices comply with relevant client contracts, labor laws, regulations, and Hugo values.
- Participate in the design and review of compensation and benefits programs to align with client contract obligations and Hugo’s organization compensation framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field; a Postgraduate qualification in Human resources/People Management/People Development is also desirable.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in HR/People Operations.
- Proven work experience as an HR business partner.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Critical thinker with success in developing innovative solutions to business issues.
- Ability to stylistically adapt communication based on audience.
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics.
- In touch with global HR trends.
- Multicultural and ability to collaborate with persons from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Analytical and goal-oriented; a strong bias toward action.
- Deep commitment to building ethical, world-class company teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation package.
- A high-performance, high-energy work environment.
- Large-scale impact.