Hugo is transforming the future of a continent by re-envisioning the future of its work. We exist to provide BPO excellence to our customers by investing heavily in the very best of African talent.
African communities currently reap less than 2% of a BPO market worth a staggering $430 billion annually. We are changing this.
Specialising in digital and AI operations, omnichannel customer support, and trust & safety solutions for some of the world’s largest tech and media companies, we are providing the continent’s university educated youth with the skills necessary to build a meaningful career in the global digital economy. All whilst delivering industry-beating excellence for our clients.
What you’ll be doing
You will be accountable for the successful running of Hugo’s operations in Nigeria, our largest operating market.
This includes partnering seamlessly with our Service Delivery leadership and organisation to oversee its day-to-day business operations, and owning critical local government, banking, and partner relationships. Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring that our Nigerian teams and business are set up for success in the strongest way possible.
You need to be a “boots-on-the-ground” leader, building strategic relationships within the communities we serve. You will also work closely with the COO to implement scalable processes and ensure alignment with in-country operations. The position will be based in Lagos, with limited travel as needed.
Your leadership in this space will allow both the COO and CEO, into whom you will report, to step back from Nigeria’s daily operations and prioritise scaling the business elsewhere. As such, this is a business critical role with high impact and high visibility across the wider organisation.
What you’ll need to apply
- Experience of managing country-level operations in Nigeria for a global business
- Experience of delivering transformation and operational improvements in a scale-up environment
- Budget, financial and commercial literacy commensurate with the seniority of the role (NB: this is an operations role and not revenue driven so carries no P&L ownership)
- Sophisticated and enthusiastic people-leadership and relationship building skills
- Advantageous: Fluency in French
Our interview process is as follows…
- Recruiter call: A call from one of our recruiters if we believe your profile looks a strong match for the role, during which we’ll evaluate your fit and discuss Hugo in more detail
- Deep dive interviews: Typically 3 interviews designed to probe deeply the extent to which you have the skills, mindset, and behaviours to succeed in the role and at Hugo
- Assessment tasks: During the process we may request that you complete psychometric assessments and/or a presentation and/or task-based exercise (NB: the output of any assessments you complete is treated as confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of best determining your fit for the role and company)
- Meet the team: We conclude our process by arranging for you to speak with potential colleagues informally, allowing for greater insight into the culture, environment and, yes, challenges(!) you may face
To learn more about Hugo explore our website and careers page
Equal opportunity statement
Diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our DNA. But we won't be resting on our laurels as we scale. Promoting and, where possible, improving diversity, equity and inclusion as a values-based and commercial necessity.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. So, all applications will be considered without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity, or disability status.