Overview/Sales Deck: https://docsend.com/salesdeck
Recorded Demo: https://www.youtube.com/demo
Core Values: https://www.notion.so/invisibletech/Invisible-Values
Stands at the forefront of operations innovation. We remove strategic roadblocks for clients, providing solutions to the world’s most complex business problems. A technology-led managed execution service, our success is driven by our powerful process orchestration platform, which blends the perfect mix of artificial and human intelligence with automation to create extraordinary growth and scale opportunities for clients.
As the operations innovation company, high-performing operations are the heart of the value that we deliver to our clients. We are seeking a strategic and results-oriented Director of Operations to lead and accelerate our AI training and enablement efforts across our largest enterprise relationships.
As a leader within our AI training and enablement team, you will have the opportunity to deeply partner with the world’s leading companies in generative AI and LLM development. The Director of Operations will be responsible for owning, building and strengthening our relationships with these clients–including collaborating with some of the world’s top AI researchers. You will lead our Operations Managers to design processes, manage complex projects, and oversee a large-scale workforce–including hundreds of team members who range from bright high school graduates to PhDs & professors, from engineers and mathematicians to creative writers and linguists.
As a team, you will together scope and refine expert training processes for these models with a team of advanced human trainers, as well deploy cutting-edge operations and best practices across enterprise companies. You will be on the front lines of innovating new methods of AI training, constantly iterating and refining how human-generated data can best evolve the AI models that our clients are creating.
A successful candidate will be able to set the vision for the client and the team. You must have a role model service mentality, strive for operational improvements and efficiency, and possess the experience and skills to manage a team effectively at scale. Within the AI training domain in particular, it’s critical that applicants be fast, adaptable learners to keep pace within this high-velocity space and to be a strategic, thought-partner to our clients via our tech-enabled process automation.
- Manage Strategic Clients Relationships: Partner with researchers and managers at our clients’ companies at both the strategic and tactical levels, working with them to define their needs, map their processes, and ensure our work is achieving their goals. Manage one of our tech giant clients or 2-3 more mid-sized companies. On behalf of our clients, liaise with Invisible’s product and technical functions to build and design new frameworks and guidelines to drive best practices in AI training and, ultimately, improvements to AI models.
- Complex Operations & Team Management: Manage an operations team of hundreds, including Operations Managers, Operations Analysts, and many AI trainers. Run hiring, staffing, and development of sizable project teams. Ensure your team is managing processes and projects excellently at and above internal and external KPI expectations.
- Systems Thinking: Identify areas for process improvement and efficiency gains, and scope new processes when needed. Be relentlessly curious, creative and proactive in implementing solutions to critical issues. Seek cross-cutting improvements to systems to improve the team. While some process innovations will not require new technology, others will; you will partner with product managers on Invisible’s technologies team to be able to create new technologies.
- Own Your Business: Develop and implement strategies that drive growth and profitability. Maintain client health in both service and unit economics and provide guidance and leadership to the team of operators that are in charge of producing the outputs of the client/process. Working with direct reports, own the financial cycles for the book of clients, including payroll reconciliation and approval, and end-of-month closure of the financials.
Skills and Qualifications:
- More than 5 years of experience in operations management in a client-facing capacity; proven track record delivering exceptional service. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong management and leadership skills and ability to provide guidance and support to a team, including experience managing an organization of at least 30+ people (though 100+ would be preferred) across at least 2 layers of management (e.g. managing managers). Ability to work remotely and manage teams without in-person interaction.
- Ideal candidates will have familiarity within or exposure to AI concepts, including at an AI-focused or AI training firm, or with AI-adjacency (e.g. CloudFactory, UIPath, etc… potentially even consulting firms like McKinsey). Technical backgrounds or a recent (<10 years old) major in ML/CS at a University is a plus. More important than industry-relevant knowledge, we are seeking someone with a high degree of curiosity and fast learning abilities.
- Experience building and managing financial models, especially cost-driven analysis; comfortable with data analysis in spreadsheets, managing complex formulas and building processes. Experience in capacity planning and project management.
- Ability to think strategically with agility in complex and difficult situations. Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work, communicate openly and honestly, and continuously improve themselves and their work. We value transparency in all aspects of our work, and we believe that a merit-based culture is key to our success.We believe that this success is directly linked to the success of our clients, and we are committed to delivering exceptional service and results.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Working Times: US (EST or PST) Hours
- $105,000 annual base + up to $35,000 bonus potential (paid out quarterly) + equity!
- Additional opportunities to earn more equity and increase your ownership percentage of the company, through promotions and through redistribution of re-acquired shares via buybacks.
- Healthcare Benefits (or Stipend Option)
- Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days
- Fully Remote