Optimove is a global marketing tech company, recognized as a Leader by Forrester and a Challenger by Gartner. We work with some of the world's most exciting brands, such as Papa John's, Staples, and Entain, who love our thought-provoking combination of art and science. With a strong product, a proven business, and the DNA of a vibrant, fast-growing startup, we're on the cusp of our next growth spurt. It's the perfect time to join our team of ~440 thinkers and doers across NYC, LDN, TLV, and other locations, where 2 of every 3 managers were promoted from within. Growing your career with Optimove is basically guaranteed.
We’re looking for a talented Department manager (Director level), who has an immersive technical and managerial background and skills and has the passion and energy to mentor, lead, and inspire the department group and team managers and engineers towards design and develop Optimove’s flagship SaaS product. As a Director of R&D, you will lead development and delivery with high-quality standards within the R&D Department. You will be responsible for leading the technology roadmap and for hiring and retaining the best engineering talent around, growing your teams towards excellence and agility. You will be a member of the R&D staff reporting to the VP of R&D, and a member of the company mid-level management.
- Lead, inspire and motivate engineers and engineering managers
- Manage a fast-growing complex engineering organization. Directly manage R&D groups responsible for development, data, quality, and architecture
- Drive the group to work efficiently and consistently following an Agile methodology (Sprint planning, daily standups, retrospective meetings, etc.)
- Identify technical debt and challenges and drive the team to reduce them
- Continuously improve the development process to increase release efficiency and overall quality of all deliverables
- Strengthen the current organization with excellent new hires to meet the aggressive growth targets
- Assist in production problem solving during work hours and take part in production problem solving during off-hours.
- Work with the relevant team leaders and team members to assist operations in 2nd tier support for production issues resolution
- Work closely with Product management on planning short- and long-term development areas
- 10+ years of experience in software development, preferably in large scale SaaS companies
- BA/BSc in computer science, or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
- Full-stack coding experience (DB, server, client, UI)
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular and React
- Experience with server-side technologies such as .NET / Core and NodeJS
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in managing through managers
- Experience with large scale Agile processes
- Experience in building and running efficient CI/CD processes
- Passion and enthusiasm for challenges.
- Attentive and open-minded, with an authentic interest in people and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp mind, well-organized and with very good attention to details
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with big data and pipeline technologies, such as Kafka
- Experience working in highly scalable and intensive data-driven environments
- Experience with complex multi-tenants SaaS production environments
- Working in close collaboration with product management, operations, and customers’ success organizations
- Experience working with large enterprise customers
- Experience building and managing offshore teams