Contract MLOps/Data Engineer
Location: UK remote
Everything we do is to empower our clients to move forward. Great technology companies are built on incredible design, engineering and strategy, working in unison, operating at the very heart of an organisation and its audience. Enabling organisations to become great technology companies is our mission, and our promise to our clients. We aim to leave them with the mindset, tools, skills and expertise they need to go beyond their own expectations, revolutionise their sectors, and for us to be proud of the change we create with them and their customers.
Our purpose is to help our clients develop the capabilities they need to outperform their competitors. Our success is a consequence of ensuring our clients are successful. Our company is built on extraordinary people; we aim to attract, inspire, develop and retain them. YLD is a software engineering and design consultancy; we create digital capabilities for our clients that last beyond our engagement. We have offices in London, Lisbon, Porto.
As a MLOps Engineer, you will work with ML engineers to enable our data scientists to deliver machine learning models that are reliable, scalable, & performant in meeting Plus Power’s business needs. You work will touch on several areas including fine tuning & automation of AWS-based services (e.g. SageMaker) for testing, training, deploying and monitoring the performance of machine learning models. You will also help manage other ML infrastructure, and build tools to enable the data scientists and ML engineers.
- Understanding of git and experience working with a rapid git-based deployment cycle
- Leveraging & managing AWS services – especially IAM permissions & cost monitoring
- Maintaining a high degree of ownership and transparency in deliverables
- Deep understanding of the modern deployment process, comfort with docker, containers, and Kubernetes
- Experience using AWS SageMaker, especially SageMaker Studio Deep understanding of automation with Terraform & Terragrunt
- Experience with end-to-end monitoring & alerting experience (Cloudwatch, Datadog, etc)
- Experience in a professional engineering role iteratively shipping software with a team of close collaborators
- 2+ years experience writing highly-maintainable, performant Python & Terraform code
- Experience working as an MLOps engineer or DevOps on a growing software team implementing and maintaining custom tools, quality gates, and services
- Experience driven and can carry out several initiatives simultaneously
- Experience maintaining a high-degree of ownership and transparency in deliverables
What you’ll get in return:
- The chance to work with a forward thinking, ethical, and fun group of people and to develop and grow your skills in a fast moving business
Our typical Recruitment Process looks like this:
- 1st Interview with someone from the Talent team (30/45 mins)
- Technical Interview with our Senior Developers (1h30)
We live and breathe our values, and know you will too:
- Growing every day
- Including everyone
- Relationships built on honesty and ethics
- Inspiring solutions
- Winning together
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, age, marital status, or disability status. We also believe in work-life balance and offer flexible working around our core hours.