Based in the heart of Salford Quays, Apadmi creates technology to keep leading organisations and their customers moving forward. We do that by creating digital products which solve complex problems and deliver enriching experiences for people on the move across mobile, web and digital platforms.
Apadmi is a dynamic and innovative technology company that specialises in creating cutting-edge mobile applications and digital solutions. We are committed to delivering excellence in the mobile technology industry, and our team is composed of talented individuals who are passionate about technology and continuously strive for excellence.
Apadmi Performance is a division of Apadmi. We support and optimise our clients' digital products to help them reach their full potential. We do this by ensuring the technology is always available, and maximising the users who can discover, onboard, and have the experience they expect, using data alongside real user engagement to help drive our decisions. We do this with the likes of Domino's, Co-op, NHS, Majestic Wine, and Wattbike.
We are seeking a dedicated and conscientious DevOps Engineer to join Apadmi Performance. The ideal candidate will primarily focus on DevOps but it is desirable that they will also possess programming experience, preferably in .NET, and other server software development disciplines.
As a DevOps Engineer at Apadmi Performance, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability, scalability, and performance of our clients' applications and systems, primarily for live production environments. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, system administrators, and project managers, to streamline development pipelines, automate repetitive tasks, and optimise infrastructure. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and executing our established processes and ensuring smooth and efficient delivery of our existing products.
DevOps: Primarily responsible for ongoing DevOps activities, including but not limited to, deploying releases to environments, CI/CD, infrastructure maintenance, cloud maintenance and system monitoring.
Version Control: Maintenance of GIT and Bitbucket pipelines, ensuring efficient deployments from version control with DevOps tools.
Tools and Platforms: Use of tools such as TeamCity, Octopus, Circle CI, and Azure DevOps to orchestrate and automate builds and deployments to environments. The use of containerization technologies (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes). Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
Performance Optimization: Identify bottlenecks and optimise system performance for better scalability and efficiency.
Emergency Response: Optionally be part of an on-call rotation to address critical incidents promptly.
Monitoring and Logging tools: Set up monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address issues (e.g., New Relic, Application Insights). Implement logging solutions for tracking system behaviour and debugging.
Security and Compliance: Implement security best practices to protect data and systems. Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (not essential but preferred).
- Certifications in relevant areas such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Experience with serverless architecture and microservices
- Knowledge of DevSecOps practices
- Any scripting and automation (e.g., Bash, Python, Ansible) qualifications.
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role.
- Familiarity with deployment systems like TeamCity, Octopus, Circle CI, and Azure DevOps.
- Proficiency in GIT and Bitbucket (and pipelines).
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Manage infrastructure using tools like Terraform or CloudFormation, ensuring consistency and scalability.
- Programming skills, preferably in .NET Server or other server side technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain clear and up-to-date documentation for configurations and processes.
- Knowledge of other relevant DevOps tools and technologies.
- Experience with server programming disciplines.
- Automate provisioning and configuration of servers and resources.
- Utilise software development skills to maintain current projects with a preference for experience in .NET server technologies and / or similar technologies including Node.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Continuous learning and professional development opportunities.
As well as all the standard stuff you’ll get at Apadmi (think holidays, pension, the usual benefits), we have a collaborative community which offers a range of opportunities and rewards for our people, as well as excellent career development through our Apadmi Academy. We also trust our people to work in a way that supports their productivity, so we can offer a hybrid way of working which you are in control of. If it’s good for you, then it’s good for us, so let’s chat about what works during the interview process.
If you are a proactive and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer with a passion for technology and a desire to contribute to a dynamic team, we encourage you to apply.