Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will be building out and practicing security across the organisation.
This entails designing, building and defending scalable, secure and robust systems, working
with teams and helping them understand and be able to protect against advanced cyber threats, as well as developing strategies and solutions to ensure security is at the heart of everything that happens at Bitpanda. As DevSecOps is an integral part of how we think about security, we work towards ensuring checks are automated and implemented as early as possible in the IT processes.
What you’ll do
- Secure AWS, CI/CD and overall infrastructure by designing, integrating and developing instrumentation and processes
- Perform security design reviews for infrastructure and microservices
- Design and implement security configuration and fortify infrastructure components
- Conceptualise, develop, deploy and support security infrastructure, systems, applications and tools
- Build towards extensive coverage of compliance as code and continuous assurance across the technical environment
Who you are
- Ready and willing to take ownership of problems and act on them independently and decisively
- Understand and enjoy working with AWS
- Experience with developing code in Golang and/or Python
- Competence with building and deploying code through CI/CD as a containerised workload
- Knowledge of building and maintaining ephemeral infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Experienced with automation frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of modern authentication and authorisation frameworks, secrets management and PKI
- Ability to perform threat modelling for infrastructure and services and identify potential security issues
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
* These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.