Who we are
We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Are you ready to join a stellar team intent on expansion? Working closely with the Legal, Compliance and Growth teams, you will need to think globally and act locally.
You will be supporting our existing Bitpanda Custody business as well as being part of the team working on our UK licence application, regulatory setup and expanding business.
You will be based in the UK and supporting our existing UK crypto and custody business, working closely with the Group Compliance and AML colleagues in our other European offices.
- Act as Bitpanda’s nominated compliance officer and the MLRO through the licence application and the establishment of our new UK business.
- Act as the MLRO for our existing UK Bitpanda Custody business, advising on all aspects of core compliance including AML/AFC, owning the compliance program, fulfilling firm’s MLRO accountabilities, and maintaining the inventory, the controls, testing and reporting systems.
- Advising and guiding on Compliance and Financial Crime matters to all UK entities and driving a culture of compliance across the business.
- Develop and maintain existing Compliance, AML and sanctions processes and ensure the implementation of appropriate controls that reflect our business and our regulatory requirements. Ensure we meet our regulatory compliance and AML obligations by having effective programmes, frameworks and policies in place.
- Managing the UK suspicious activity reporting (SAR) process, internally and externally. Building a strong relationship with our Regulator and ensuring accurate responses and reports to the Regulator and any enforcement authorities.
- Review and analyse new and upcoming developments from our Regulator and maintain an oversight of developments affecting business activities.
- Reporting to our executive team, our management boards and the Board of Directors on relevant Compliance and AML issues and incidents.Working collaboratively with internal teams and external parties, e.g. Legal, Risk, Internal Audit and external audit partners. You will design and deliver compliance education and training to your colleagues.
- Experience of working in a crypto, banking or financial services firm.
- Have previously held a senior compliance manager or MLRO role or have the relevant experience to take that step up.
- Operational knowledge and hands-on experience in running a sound compliance and AML programme.
- You will have an understanding of our industry’s regulatory requirements (ideally including crypto and custody) in both the UK and EU, as well as international sanctions.
- You are a team player, open-minded, organised, resilient, reliable, and committed.
- You will have great communication skills and collaborate effectively with your European colleagues, with senior management and with third-party stakeholders.
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy.
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.