Lead Customer Success Operations & Enablement (m/d/f)
Full-time · Berlin
At charles, one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS companies, Customer Success (CS) is key to company growth. As our Lead Customer Success Operations & Enablement, you will play a pivotal role in driving our mission to humanize e-commerce by enabling ever more valuable conversations between innovative brands and their consumers. You will lead a team of CS Operations and Enablement Managers, develop and implement strategies to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of our CS teams, and become one of the world's first and leading experts in Conversational Commerce and Marketing. Join us in Berlin and shape the future of charles in one of the most important roles within our organization.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design and manage CS processes and workflows including onboarding, initial adoption, value maximisation, and renewal workflows to ensure consistent and exceptional customer experience.
- Establish metrics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of CS operations and drive continuous improvement on key CS outcomes like NRR and NPS
- Identify and implement tools and technologies to enhance team productivity, operational efficiency, and enable scalable operations.
- Lead the development and execution of customer enablement programs and initiatives to empower customers with the knowledge and resources needed to effectively use our software, including onboarding materials, product documentation, tutorials, and self-service resources.
- Help steer and enhance the skills and effectiveness of our CS teams by delivering training and coaching programs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as sales, product, and marketing, to drive company-wide customer-centricity, provide insights for product enhancements and new feature development, and align CS operations with overall company goals.
- Conduct regular analysis of customer health, data and feedback to identify trends and insights for proactive customer engagement.
- Provide regular reports and updates on CS outcomes to founders and senior management as well as investors.
- Lead and coach team members and contribute to their professional growth, including hiring, feedback and performance management.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to ensure and continuously improve charles’ gold-standard CS organization, strategies and operations.
YOU'LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND VALUES
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field - advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 3-5 years of full-time professional experience in Management Consulting, Strategy, CS/GTM/Revenue/Commercial Operations or similar fields within the software industry.
- Experience managing operational improvement projects in the following spaces and departments: CRM and marketing technology software, CS or E-commerce
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire, manage and develop a high-performing team.
- Exceptional communication in English and German, as a plus, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Effective project management skills, including prioritization, setting ambitious yet realistic timelines, and driving diligent execution.
- Results-oriented and customer-centric mindset with a focus on driving customer outcomes and satisfaction.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data to drive operational improvements.
- Strong intrinsic motivation and drive to go the extra mile to deliver exceptional results and strong attention to quality and detail
- Trusted and collaborative team player with warm, positive, and empathic personality 💛
THINGS WE OFFER:
- ESOP (virtual stock options) to share in the ownership and success of charles
- A brand new office in the heart of Berlin overlooking the Wall memorial
- A competitive compensation package
- Discounts on BVG tickets
- Urban Sports Club membership
- A weekly personal trainer
- Meditation session on Tuesdays
- Free company lunch on Thursdays
- A friendly, open, multicultural work environment
- Dog-friendly office
- Parties and team events: we like to celebrate our major and micro-wins as well as get to know each other better at regular team-building events
It’s better to have a conversation
charles is a SaaS startup that enables brands to use the full potential of WhatsApp Business. With our platform, businesses can chat with customers, send marketing campaigns, sell products, analyze results and automate processes. And we go beyond the tech to offer ongoing consultancy for future success. Our vision is to become the global backbone of conversational commerce (cCom): a world in which all consumers can enjoy personal, rewarding, heartfelt conversations with the brands they love.
Founded by Kapten & Son co-founder, Artjem Weissbeck, and ex-McKinsey e-commerce lead, Andreas Tussing, charles is backed by Salesforce Ventures, Accel, and HV Capital. We received €30 million in total funding and are now pushing for the next big stage of our growth. This makes now a good time for you to join us on this journey!
charles and diversity: be yourself and no-one else
Different perspectives bring innovation and richer work environments. We’re committed to building an inclusive company where you always feel like you belong, whatever your age, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, status or neurodiversity. These values sit at the heart of our hiring process, so we can create a welcoming workplace where everyone feels valued and heard.