Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
For chemists around the world, Marvin means the top software they would pick to draw, edit or visualize a molecule. Hundreds of thousands of users rely on its chemical intelligence in more than 130 countries. Now, we discover and implement the next generation of chemical editors. Redesign the way of drawing, the user experience, and product architecture
About the position
We are looking for a software engineer who would join our cross-functional agile team. You will have the opportunity to design new features, interactions and choose the best technology and architecture. You will be welcome to bring your ideas to the table and help us create a world class product, Marvin Pro. You will be involved in the end-to-end process of software product and solutions development including operations.
- Write high-quality, testable code that considers edge cases and errors.
- Understand and work effectively within your team's domain.
- Design functions aligned with our service architecture.
- Follow testing best practices, including unit and higher-level tests.
- Share knowledge and contribute to team documentation.
- Ensure tasks are well-sized for continuous delivery, prioritize effectively.
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Typescript , Browser Extensions
- Good general programming background (like OO design, TDD, design patterns, etc.)
- Experience with Gradle, Git
- Affinity to DevOps
- Good command of English
- Good work ethic, productive, proactive behaviour
- Ability to work in a team and also to solve problems alone
- Willingness to work with a variety of technologies
- Willingness to learn continuously
- Experience with Electron
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Terraform, GitLabCI
- Experience with Cloud / SaaS solutions
- Experience in DevSecOps
- Knowledge of Security principles
- Remote or hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: