Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company helping early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our clients are top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions.
We are agile, innovative and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders.
We operate internationally, with regional teams based in Budapest (HQ), UK, Boston, San Diego and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of organizational and business growth, so now is the perfect time to join our team!
About the opportunity
Step into the forefront of pharmaceutical innovation with Chemaxon's Design Hub, a groundbreaking, user-friendly platform revolutionizing chemical structure design and drug research.
We're on the hunt for a skilled Software Test Engineer to join our dynamic team. In this crucial role, you'll craft test strategies, streamline testing processes, and elevate testing efficiency through cutting-edge techniques and automation. Your expertise is vital in guaranteeing the superior quality of our products, directly impacting the advancement of drug discovery and development. Join us in shaping the future of pharmaceutical research, where your work not only stands out but also makes a difference.
About your responsibilities
- Develop maintainable test automation frameworks and tools in response to growing feature sets to ensure High-Quality software.
- Define strategy for testing and test optimization
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans, test suites, and test cases
- Work closely with the Product Owner, QA Domain Professional, and Software Developers on test design and implementation, and evaluate the testability of new features/implementations
- Participating in the meetings and discussions within the development team, and other teams of the company. Contributing to these discussions according to their best knowledge and capabilities.
- Be a constructive and contributing member of the team and the community of Chemaxon
Experience, skills and knowledge you should bring to us
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing automated test frameworks and tools
- Experience in testing cloud applications running on Amazon Web Services
- Experience with functional testing, integration testing and regression testing
- Experience with Agile Testing and BDD methodologies and practices
- Good English language skills both written and spoken
- Excellent communication and collaboration with team members
- Good interpersonal skills
Bonus skills that will help you hit the ground running
- Chemistry or molecular biology knowledge is a plus
What we offer
- Hybrid-way of working (8 days/month home office)
- Private health insurance (Medicover)
- Generous annual training budget supporting your professional development (off-site training, international conferences, e-books)
- We work with global Top500 companies (R&D) and leading academic institutions, giving you a chance to gain insights into these dynamically evolving industries.
- Inspiring working environment - leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs, innovation days
- You will be a valued member of a creative and supportive agile team
- Everyday use of English in a multicultural environment
For some info on Chemaxon, you can check out these videos: