We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 30 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 4 million listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
In Development, we are responsible for building, scaling and maintaining the Creative Fabrica platform. We look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft. Our product is challenging and that makes it fun! We have TB of digital assets, we implemented our own video on demand solution, we process high volumes of new products being added every day, lots of transactions, api integrations, monitoring, etc. We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent.
Work Remote: For this position is it possible to work from anywhere in the EMEA timezones
At Creative Fabrica we are developing the e-commerce platform of the future.
On top of that, we built and maintain a social network, tools for creators to manage their digital assets, CF Fans - an all-in-one platform for creators to manage their followers, CF Classes - online classes from experienced designers and crafters, and many more!
As a Backend Engineer, you will build and maintain our microservices architecture, keeping a healthy balance between speed of delivery and quality, to support the product's roadmap.
- Execute full lifecycle development projects from design and prototyping through to high-performance, scalable production systems
- Write high-quality, maintainable code and help others to do the same
- Create enough technical specifications to align your team and keep them moving forward
- Work with a strong agile mindset; iterate fast, deliver working code and make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate and form strong working relationships with your product and UX design teammates
The kind of person we are looking for
- 4+ years of experience developing, testing, maintaining and launching software products
- Professional experience with PHP/Laravel and/or Go, NodeJS, GraphQL
- Experience working in high-volume B2C e-commerce products
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, with a preference for AWS
- Experience designing, building and operating microservices and associated APIs
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical partners
- Comfort with seeking, receiving and giving kind, constructive feedback
- Ability to multi-task and manage expectations
- Natural problem solver with a positive attitude, solutions focused.
- A knack for new technologies and methods where you can apply them to new ideas and concrete solutions.
- Aptitude for growth and willingness to get better, to be able to keep adapting to new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
Work Remote OR in the office. For this position is it possible to:1. Work from anywhere in the European time zone.2. Work from our office in Amsterdam, with 30 remote days where you can work from anywhere. Working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we turn on the speakers, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!